16

When Emilia woke up the following morning, she hadn't known where she was

When Emilia woke up the following morning, she hadn't known where she was. Her eyes had blinked open slowly and she had been looking around the room in confusion when she recognized that the room was her brother's. And as soon as she had looked down at herself and how she was wrapped up under the covers like she had been looking for source of comfort everything seemed to come flooding back to her.

A pained noise left her mouth as she sat up, the memories of the previous night invading her thoughts. The attack, Grace's death, her arm, Diego. . . She remembered all of it.

Emilia took in a shaky breath and looked around the room for any evidence of her brother having passed through while she was sleeping. Everything was as it had been when she had first arrived and she frowned slightly once she realized Klaus had never come back last night. He hadn't even bothered checking up on her after what had happened with those intruders. . .

Emilia sighed and pulled herself up out of the bed. She hesitantly walked over to the mirror in Klaus' room and cringed at the sight before her. There she stood with a tear stained face, dark bags under her eyes, and skin so pale that it looked as if she were sick.

She had seen this girl before back when her whole family had seemed to fall apart. She hadn't liked her then and she didn't like her now. And the fact that she was turning into the same broken girl she had been back then made her feel even worse.

Emilia stared at her reflection for a moment before attempting to smile. Her lips curled up slightly into a small smile, but it wasn't genuine and the tears that had filled her eyes were proof of that. Her lips quivered slightly as she gave herself a reassuring smile. "You're okay," she whispered. "I'm okay."

She repeated the words a few more times and each time she did, she felt herself calm down a little bit more. Sure, she wasn't actually fine, but something about saying the words and acting like they were true helped her feel better.

Emilia looked around Klaus' room one more time and let out a small sigh. She left the room without another second of hesitation and went into the hallway. She set off in the direction of Five's room, but only found Pogo and Luther in there instead.

Where the hell were Klaus and Five?

Emilia watched Luther rummage through Five's things and frowned. "What the hell are you doing?" She asked a little angrily. Luther's gaze flickered over to her in surprise before he looked back at Five's desk. "Searching," he said as if it answered everything.

"Searching for what?" Emilia asked. "Any sort of information as to where he could've gone," Luther replied. His gaze fell upon her again and he asked, "Do you know where he is?" Emilia frowned more and shook her head. "No. I haven't seen him since yesterday morning actually," she whispered. She looked down at the ground in thought and Pogo looked between the two before sighing.