14

"Wow," Emilia breathed out causing Diego to look up at her from where he sat on his bed

"Wow," Emilia breathed out causing Diego to look up at her from where he sat on his bed. Her eyes looked around his room and she smiled softly. "It's been some time since I've been in here." She stepped inside and looked around, her eyes falling on to the mirror that stood on one side of the room. Attached to the top was a picture of the two of them laughing and Emilia smiled at the sight of it.

She walked over and her hands brushed against it. "You still have this here?" Emilia asked. Diego got up from his bed and came to a stop behind the girl. "Yeah. It was the one thing I couldn't find in myself to take down before I left," he whispered. Emilia turned her body to face him, not noticing the way that they seemed to already be standing really close to each other.

"Why's that?" she asked curiously. Diego shrugged and looked down a little bashfully. "I put that picture on the mirror because looking at it when I was younger would help me when I was trying to work on my stutter. It was like my good luck charm and I guess I just didn't want to take that away from the picture by moving it," he admitted.

Emilia smiled at that and looked at the boy in front of her in completely adoration. She really was in love with this boy. Even the fact that he had told her that he couldn't love her all those years ago hadn't been enough to make her stop loving him. Her heart had always and would always beat for him and nothing could ever change that.

She didn't know why she did it, but she found herself reaching up and wrapping her arms around his neck before pulling him in for a hug. Diego instantly responded by hugging her back, his arms going to wrap around her waist as he dug his face into her hair and let out a small sigh of content.

There were so many unspoken words around the two, but neither of them seemed to care in that moment. Cause right there, standing in that room that held so many memories of them whispering secrets to each other into the night, of them curling up under the covers together when one of them had had a nightmare, and of their younger selfs just being completely and utterly in love with each other. . .nothing that had happened in the past seemed to matter.

It was just them. Just Emilia, Diego, the picture, and the mirror that they had been looking into their whole lives.

Emilia turned her head and gently pressed a kiss to Diego's cheek. Diego's eyes closed under her touch and he ever so slightly leaned into it, his face moving as he did so. She kissed his cheek again and his face turned more until their faces were only centimeters apart.

Diego's brown eyes seemed to shine in the moonlight that was coming in through the bedroom window as he stared at her. She felt herself become mesmerized by the boy and her brain went fuzzy once he began to lean in ever so slightly.

Their breaths mingled together and Emilia could feel the warm air hitting her face as their lips grew closer to one another. She didn't exactly know what she was doing, but in that moment she didn't care.