22

sorry for the semi-long wait for an update! it's been kind of hectic these past few days with homework, me being sick, and then my grandparents being in town. I was planning on updating last night after I saw Captain Marvel but fell asleep due to me not feeling that great. so sorry about that!

here's the update! I hope you all like it!

Emilia made it to Diego's room in time to see him struggling to tie his shoes with his one good arm

Emilia made it to Diego's room in time to see him struggling to tie his shoes with his one good arm. "Here, let me help," she said as she walked into the room. It took her a minute to get down on the floor because of her side, but once she had, she went to work on tying his shoes.

Diego watched her with a small smile on his face as he just admired her. "Quit staring," Emilia whispered, a blush creeping up on her cheeks. "I'm admiring," Diego corrected her which only made her face grow more red.

"Well, stop," she muttered, her hands shaking slightly as she struggled to focus long enough to tie his shoes. Diego smirked. "Why? Do I make you nervous or something?" He asked. His smirk only grew when Emilia didn't respond.

"Don't worry, darling. You make me nervous too," he told her making her heart skip a beat. She was used to him calling her Princess, but something about him calling her darling made her heart flutter.

Emilia finished tying his shoes before looking up at him. Her eyes flickered down to his arm before she asked, "How's your arm?" "Hurts like hell, but I'll be fine," Diego assured her. "What about your side?" Emilia smirked before repeating what Diego had just said. "Hurts like hell, but I'll be fine," she told him.

Diego chuckled softly and held a hand out for Emilia. She took it and he helped her get up off of the floor. He was still sitting on the bed and Emilia walked over to him so that she was standing in between his legs. He smiled up at her, his one good arm rubbing up and down her arm in an affectionate way.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Diego asked and the look he gave her, a look of pure adoration and love, was enough to make her heart start beating faster. "Only a few times," Emilia chuckled, Diego soon joining her.

"Well, be prepared to hear it for the rest of your life, Princess, cause I don't think I'm ever gonna stop telling you," he said. "I love you, Em." "And I love you," Emilia responded almost instantly. A huge smile was on her face and she still couldn't believe that she was able to tell Diego how much she loved him whenever she wanted to now.

Diego smiled and Emilia leaned in to kiss him, but their lips had barely touched before a voice spoke up from behind them. "Wow. That was so touching," Klaus said and the two turned to see him with a hand over his heart as he pretended to cry. "The whole 'I love you' part really got to me."