9

thought I would give you all a chapter that really showcases just how close Five and Emilia are. like stated in previous chapters, Five and Emilia's relationship is way different than any of the others. they are more than just best friends and more than just siblings and I really think this chapter helped show some of what is meant when I say that. I hope you all like it!

also, I know this is a Diego x OC fic, so don't worry! Diego will still have a lot of more scenes with Emilia! I just need to build up her character more before we get to that if that makes sense. and to do that, you all need to be able to understand her relationships with Klaus and Five since they are a huge part of her life. anyways, enjoy!!

 anyways, enjoy!!

17 years ago. . .

"Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore," Hargreeves said to a very angry Number Five. Five watched in disbelief as the man before him looked away. He slightly shook his head before and could practically feel the stares of his siblings as he stood there before their father.

Without even giving it a second thought, Five turned on his heels and left the room. "Number Five!" He heard Hargreeves call after him followed by an even more surprised, "Number Eight!"

Five ran out of the academy without even looking back. He knew a worried Emilia was right behind, but he didn't look back. He couldn't. Five knew that if he looked back and saw the concerned face of his best friend as she softly asked him if he was okay, he wouldn't be able to stop himself from crying.

He quickly turned the corner and the sound of feet running after him made his heart speed up. He couldn't hear her yell his name, it would break him.

Run, boy, run
The sun will be guiding you
Run, boy, run
They're dying to stop you

Five quickly used his powers to spatial jump back in time. Instead of the dreary street of New York he was used to walking down, he was now walking down a brightly new sidewalk where people in colorful outfits laughed their way down the street. Five looked around and let out a small sigh of relief at being able to escape before he realized what had just happened and smirked.

"Not ready, my ass," he scoffed.

Run, boy, run
This race is a prophecy
Run, boy, run
Break out from society

Five jumped to a different time where snow swirled around him and the buildings that used to be shops were for lease. People huddled close together in big winter coats hurried by and Five shivered slightly at the coldness.

He continued walking down the street and thought about going back home to Emilia. She was going to be upset that he wasn't there when she came around the corner. Then again, one more jump wouldn't hurt.