Fight club

"What's a fight club?" Flicker asked innocently. Viper and Firefly were practically sweating with nervousness.

"Uhhh.... nothing?" Firefly tried.

Flicker bristled. "It's definitely something. And I wanna know what!"

Viper laughed nervously. "You sure about that? Cause... it's not exactly for two year olds." Flicker growled.

"Yes I'm sure! What do you think! Tell me now, or else I'm telling Mommy and Aunty Sunny and Daddy and Thorn!" Firefly And Viper exchanged a glance, then Firefly tilted her head, closed one eye and shrugged, their secret code for: tell him/her or do it. Viper sighed and rolled her eyes. Then she sat down, and motioned for Flicker to sit down next to her. He obeyed, and so she began.

"Fight club is where we go to do extra fighting practice. But instead of fighting each other, we fight big dragons who are super strong. Sometimes, they are so strong that we lose. So, not the place for two year olds." Viper explained, trying to sound gentle and understanding, but really just sounding like she was trying to resist biting Flicker's head off. Flicker gave her a contemplative look, then lifted his head.

"I wanna come!" He declared loudly. Firefly opened her mouth to argue, but he cut her off. "And if you don't lemme come, I'ma tell. So lemme come." Firefly's eyes widened and she glanced at Viper. Viper pressed her eye ridges together, screwed up Her mouth like she had eaten a lemon, and raised one eyebrow. This was essentially code for: should I? Or is it worth it? The two had a fairly intricate language of facial expressions and talon gestures. If they had been Seawings, they would have been fluent in Aquatic by two months old most likely, even if they lived in Kinkajou's or Tsunami's family, as those two families didn't speak Aquatic, or teach it to their dragonets. As it was Firefly sometimes used her colour changing scales to simulate Seawing's bioluminescent stripes for when she had to say something that the secret language didn't cover. Of course, this only worked on her back half, so sometimes they had to rely on speaking out loud. Rarely though, the two dragons were masters of language, and would spell out words with their talons, or in Firefly's case, scales, before saying something private that other dragons could overhear. The two had even pores over ancient scrolls and secret messages written during the war until they could speak at least fragments of every secret language that had ever been recorded, from Aquatic to Morse code to Shift. Shift was a Skywing language from the war, where the speed and how often the dragon moved their wings or talons or tail  represented words. For example, each claw on your right talon was a vowel, and hitting your tail against the ground was a space between words. It seemed to Viper and Firefly that every tribe had a secret language, and they were determined to learn them all. Also, to study how each of them worked and if it was possible for them to use the languages. As far as other tribe languages, they could speak Aquatic, Shift, Scalene, an old Rainwing language from back when they could read, Streak, more of a trail setting strategy than a secret language, made by the MudWings, Venom, another trail type, but words could be used as well, invented by an ancient Sandwing prince and Morse code, which had actually been invented by the NightWings long ago. They knew of the Icewing language, but neither of them had Frostbreath, so they didn't count themselves as speaking it. Viper and Firefly only talked out loud with each other when in a room alone, and talked through gestures occasionally even then. Viper was snapped out of her thoughts by Firefly thrusting her head forward, the signal for: come on already! We can't wait forever! Viper sighed in defeat, turning to Flicker's excited face.

"Hmm. Fine, you can come and watch just this once if you cross your heart you'll never tell a single dragon. Deal?"
Flicker reluctantly nodded, knowing he wouldn't get a better deal than that out of his older sister and her best friend.

"Fine, that works."

...

After Ex-Queen Scarlet's gladiator arena had been demolished, the dragons who had enjoyed the fights made a new thing. Fight club. Unlike Scarlet's arena, fight club was not a fight to the death, just to the surrender/passing out, so tail barbs were covered (at least they were supposed to be, but there were stalls of Brightsting cactus just in case) and venom teeth were capped. Fire and frostbreath was prohibited as well, but teeth and claws and wings were allowed. You could also choose if you wanted to fight, and leave the stadium at any time. Some of the Queens were against fight club however, so it was moved around all the time, and the organisation was fairly secret. Firefly and Viper had put Flicker in a seat and then gone to signups. Since they were under seven, fighting as a pair was allowed. They stepped onto the sands and a large portion of the crowd cheered, as they did with most regulars.

"On one side! Viper of the Sandwings and Firefly of the Rainwings and Nightwings!" The announcer called from his perch above the stadium. "And on the other side!" A large Nightwing stepped into the arena. "Deathbringer of the NightWings! Claws up, teeth ready, FIGHT!"