I wont tell if you don't

Firefly gasped. No. No this can not be happening. Any second now Viper is going to wake me up. But Viper was standing beside her, jaw practically unhinged. Deathbringer was standing wide eyed and startled on the other side of the sands. Firefly turned lime green from behind her wings down. She even managed to look a little green on her face, but that had nothing to do with being half Rainwing.

Do not puke! Viper signalled hastily when she noticed Firefly's expression.

I'm trying! She communicated by drooping her wings to the ground and looking up. Viper put a wing on Firefly's back and slid it forward, the sign for, come on already, let's do this. Don't worry, we're in this together.

It crossed Firefly's mind that they probably looked insane to the dragons watching, so she lifted her wings up and out, then folded them at the top arch, meaning: stop, they're watching. Viper nodded, and they walked forward to talk to Deathbringer.

"Heeeey Dad...." Firefly tried.

"You aren't supposed to be here Firefly!" Deathbringer hissed, lashing his tail nervously.

"And you are?" Viper put in, pushing past Firefly. Deathbringer had the dignity to look embarrassed.

"I- I still need to inform your parents." He proclaimed. Viper swept her tail barb against the sand, frustration practically pouring out of her gaze. Deathbringer tried not to look incredibly uncomfortable, but failed. Suddenly a light gleamed in Viper's eye and she lifted her head triumphantly.

"If you tell on us, you'll have to reveal that you were here too, and I'm sure of exactly how Glory would react to that particular news." Viper announced, a challenge in her voice as she took a step closer. Deathbringer sighed.

"Fine. You called my bluff." He admitted. "But this still is not a good idea."

Viper looked around, and as she had expected, Deathbringer spoke a bit too loud, and now most of the stadium was making a low hissing sound at him. Deathbringer shifted uncomfortably, and instinctively reached for his weapons bag, but remembered that he had taken it off at weapon drop off. Viper smirked obnoxiously, a skill she had learned from Deathbringer himself. Deathbringer sighed, snorting the tiniest bit of flame, then gave in.

"Fine. I won't tell Glory if you don't."

"And Sunny? And Thorn? Tell nobody? Promise?" Firefly pressed. Deathbringer rolled his eyes up to the three moons, one half full, one a quarter full and the third just a sliver in the sky.

"Fine. I promise." Deathbringer relented. Firefly nodded, then grinned slyly.

"And if you break your promise, you have to try to teach Coconut and Petal to fight for a week." Firefly snickered. Deathbringer's face lit up in actual alarm. Coconut and Petal had failed out of Deathbringer's training class every year since he made it. Coconut because he was too unenthusiastic, and Petal because she refused to do anything that might possibly get her scales dirty. Which was everything but order other dragons around all day. Petal was actually royalty, believe it or not. She was Jambu's daughter, few years older than Firefly. Jambu and his mate Monarch had an egg less than a year after the war ended, and it hatched ten months after Darkstalker's defeat. She had to be the laziest dragon Firefly had ever met, and the least deserving of the dual tribe throne, but since she was older, she was the first heir to the throne. In front of her, Deathbringer looked like he was begging.

"No, please, not Petal! Anything but Petal! She'll make me polish her scales again! Argh!" Deathbringer begged, widening his eyes so he looked like a new hatched dragonet. Firefly gave him a contemplative look, then tapped her chin, as though in deep thought.

"I know, just don't tell anyone!" She announced cheerfully. Deathbringer sighed, defeated for the time being.

"Come on, let's go home before your mother notices we're all gone and has a conniption fit." Deathbringer said to Viper. Sunny had become incredibly overprotective of her single dragonet, and refused to let her go near any MudWings or SkyWings during diplomatic visits. Viper had only even seen a Skywing at fight club, but never a Mudwing. They didn't leave the Mud Kingdom often enough to go to fight club in the middle of the night like Firefly and Viper did. Viper nodded quickly, at the same moment Firefly did, and they went to inform the announcer they were going home.