Tidal

On a large windswept beach, a family of Seawings were eating lunch.

"Squid again! I know you think it's funny Tsunami, but it's getting old." Riptide complained. Tsunami peeled her squid apart, looked Riptide right in the eye, and threw the squid's brain at him. Riptide glared at Tsunami, then slowly picked up a salmon and speared it on one of Tsunami's horns.

"FOOD FIGHT!" The twins shouted, throwing decapitated fish at each other. 

Soon the whole family was laughing on the beach, their meal forgotten. Tidal watched his parents throw insults and fish, side by side with his sister.

"Hey mom?" He asked suddenly, feeling a pang of hunger and realising the picnic was now practically inedible.

Tsunami be her head to face him, a squid tentacle hanging from her ear. "Yeah Tidal?"

"Can I go get some food, I'm hungry." He requested hopefully. His mother had a confused look on her face.

"Why don't you just eat-" she broke off as she realised that most of the meal was stuck to her or Riptide. "Oh, ok then, just remember the rules: don't-"

Tidal cut her off. "Don't interact with anyone, don't reveal where we live, only eat onshore, don't let anyone see me, and don't flash my scales. I know." He listed while walking into the sea. Tsunami rolled her eyes.

"Yeesh, does anyone in this family wanna let me finish a sentence?" She complained, but before she could lecture him, Tidal had dove beneath the waves. As the cool salty water enveloped him, Tidal felt free. Sure it was a bit harder to move underwater, but the peace and beauty of the ocean overwhelmed any sense of discomfort for Tidal. He immediately shifted into a current, one that took him straight to a small reef.

When he reached the reef, he twisted his wings so he twirled sideways out of the current. Landing on a chunk of coral, he looked around. And noticed the purple Seawing staring at him.