Looks like someone has a crush

Nightseeker snuck a peek over his shoulder at his sister and the little hybrid. It was the hybrid- Ash that interested him though. How does she live without flying? Has she ever been able to fly? Will she?  Is she the dragonet in my vision? Are we destined to be friends...? Or maybe... more then friends? He internally slapped himself for the thought. He had just met this dragon, and it barely counted as a meeting. Why am I even thinking about this? I should be concentrating on my studies. Studies.... studies.... I wonder what she's a hybrid of? Maybe I've heard of her parents. That had to be in the scrolls somewhere. I mean, she appears to be part Skywing, but the Skywings rarely let hybrids live, so-

A tree branch smacked him in the face. Nightseeker grabbed onto it with both talons and perched. He realised realised he'd been staring for a little too long. Ok a lot to long. But she was so interesting. He just wanted to go back there and ask her everything about herself. But he knew he'd end up staring. How did he know? He knew from the fact that despite flying straight into a tree, he still had his head turned so he could watch her. Ash. That's a cool name. I wonder if she's a Tribrid. I've never seen a dragon without a back ridge before. Maybe she was born early? Before they had a chance to grow in? Ash had started leaning on her talon, a thoughtful expression on her face that Nightseeker found just a little too cute. Suddenly, she jumped up, and Nightseeker jumped too, rustling the branch. He ducked down quickly, but Ash didn't seem to notice. Truthreader didn't notice either. The two chattered excitedly for a few moments, then Ash climbed down to the forest floor. Nightseeker finally managed to tear his gaze away, and immediately took off, soaring back home.

He managed to look forward the whole way back to his family's treehouse, then immediately grabbed some paper and a quill. He dashed off to his room, leaving a startled Fatespeaker watching him go.

When Nightseeker got to his room, he conjured up the image of Ash, and started to draw her. He had to start over a few times, but finally got one that at least captured all her main features, if not quite counting as good artwork. Then he got out his scrolls on the dragons of Pyrrhia.

Those bits of orange-red definitely mean Skywing. I wonder what it's like being a Skywing who can't fly. Must be hard. How does she hunt? All dragons fly to hunt except Seawings, but- concentrate. The brown could be Mudwing, but it also could just be Skywing orange mixed with NightWing black. But her horns don't look Nightwing, so she must be a Mudwing. Now to check the list of documented hybrids and their parents.

Nightseeker grabbed a scroll, and ran his talon down the page, looking for Mud/Sky hybrids. A loud laugh startled him, and he looked up to see Truthreader holding his drawing of Ash. She was smirking slyly.

"Well, well, well." She drawled, pitting down the scroll. "Looks like someone has a crush on my new best friend."

"What me? No, no, no, no, I uhh... I just umm.... I find he- hybrids very interesting. That's all." Nightseeker stuttered. Truthreader flicked him with her tail.

"Ah ah ah, you know I can tell when your lying. Although, it wouldn't take a mind reader to figure that out."

Shit. Nightseeker has managed to forget about the fact that his sister was a dragon lie detector. Literally. He sighed, defeated.

"Ok fine I may like her a little bit." Truthreader smirked and shook the drawing in his face.

"Oh, just a little bit? Well then you shouldn't mind if I go show her this, hmm?" Truthreader teased.

"Fine. I like her a lot. I can't stop thinking about her. And if you mention anything I will feed you to that snapping turtles in your sleep." He threatened. Truthreader grinned and hugged him. Then she leaned a little closer, and whispered something in his ear.

"Aww, my lil brother has his first crush. How cute." Then she jumped up and ran away laughing.

"TRUTHREADER! We're twins you seagull brain!" Nightseeker roared, chasing after her.