Flightless

"Come on, just flap your wings reeeally hard!" Truthreader shouted up to Ash.

After a few painstaking days of learning to climb, Ash had made it all the way up to a Rainwing platform. She had gone home of course, then gone back as soon as possible. Ash's family were far too worried about where Chill was vanishing to each night to possibly notice their smallest and best camouflaged dragonet sneak out. Truthreader's voice snapped her back to the present.

"Come on already! You do want to fly don't you? Just remember my instructions!"

Ash took a deep breath, and jumped. Her wings spread... and immediately flipped inside out from the air pressure.
A/N: this just means that at the top arch her wings go up instead of down from the pressure. I may add a drawing later.

"Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!" Ash screamed, plummeting like a stone. Somewhere overhead, she saw a black shape diving at her. Truthreader? No, she's down there. So who's that?

Strong black talons wrapped around her shoulders, stopping her fall. Ash was lifted upwards, panting in recent terror. Finally, she was set down back on the platform she had jumped from.

"What were you thinking! You could've been killed! Who are you anyways?" The black dragon scolded, examining her wings.

"Errr.... I'm Ash, and I was thinking Truthreader told me to..." Ash tried. At the same moment, Truthreader landed beside the two dragons.

"Of course she did. Truthreader! You idiot, what did I tell you about thinking before you act?" The NightWing berated her.

Truthreader growled and smacked the Nightwing with her tail. "Nightseeker, she's fine. I would've caught her if you hadn't." Nightseeker gave a snort of disbelief, then the siblings made a tent with their wings and started whispering. They broke apart a minute later, with Truthreader growling fairly loudly.

"I said ok! I said it about a dozen times! Just go away!"

Nightseeker huffed, and flew off, but not before one more remark. "You did, but I still wish I had your power." Truthreader made the fire-hissing sound at Nightseeker who growled what sounded like: "Fine fine, I'm going already." Before taking off.

"Sorry about my brother. He can be a bit annoying." Truthreader apologised. Ash didn't think he'd been too annoying, in fact, she found it kinda honourable that he had not slapped his sister back. That was quite the opposite of what her own siblings would do.

"Eh, He wasn't that bad. So, anyways whatcha wanna do?" Ash responded, knowing from experience that it would be impossible to convince her that her brother was nice.

"Huh. I don't really know. I've never had a friend before. Most of them freak out when they realise I don't have normal powers." Truthreader admitted.

"Well, me neither, so let me think for a minute." Ash sat back on her hind legs and wore a thoughtful expression for a few minutes. Finally, her face lit up and she jumped to her feet. She heard a small rustle, but figured it was her talons shaking the branch.

"I have. The. Best. Idea!" She squealed. Truthreader leaned forward with interest. "We should make a detective agency!" Truthreader tilted her head with a trace of confusion, as though she was wondering what Ash meant. "Think about it," Ash continued. "Between your.. uhhh... being a lie detector, and my love for mystery scrolls, we could make a great team." Truthreader brightened.

"Your right, I know a cave that's in between the NightWing and Rainwing villages that would be perfect. And maybe we could build an entrance!" Truthreader suggested, tail flicking in excitement.

"Yeah, and have a door so it's kinda mysterious. Cmon, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Ash chirped as she started to clamber down the tree. Truthreader swooped down quickly after her, and the two new friends dashed off into the forest together.

A/N
For anyone wondering why this part was gone all day or why the wording is different from yesterday, I accidentally deleted the part and had to rewrite it.