8

Rich lay on his bed thinking about Jake's flustered face when the group kept teasing him. Rich smiled at the picture in his head of Jake. Rich began to wonder why the squip would want to shield Rich from the fact that he liked boys as well as girls. Maybe it wasn't cool to like the same sex. Rich sighed slightly as he shut his eyes slowly beginning to drift off.

*Flashback*

Freshmen year Rich was a nobody. He didn't even have one friend. He spend his lunches staring at a certain popular boy. Rich admired Jake for afar for the longest time. He didn't understand how he could ever get Jake to notice him though. Rich saw Jake as the most beautiful person in the world. He knew Jake was kind to. Rich tended to daydream about the day when he first saw Jake.

That day Rich was walking down the hall trying to keep to himself. Of course Rich being Rich tripped on his shoelaces. Rich braced himself for impact but found himself being caught. He looked up at the person who was holding him in their arms. Rich blushed brightly as he saw Jake staring down at him.

"You okay?" Jake asked.

"I-I'm f-fine" Rich stuttered.

Jake smiled "Alright you should be more careful."

"I-I w-will" Rich gave a crooked smile in return.

"Your stutter really works for you" Jake complemented "it's cute."

Rich blushed darker "o-oh t-thanks your c-cute um I m-mean."

Jake chuckled "thanks."

Suddenly a high voice shouted "JAKE BABE."

Jake rolled his eyes "coming Chloe, take care of your self."

Jake then walked away leaving Rich in a daze. Ever since that day Rich was head over heels. He would do anything just to have another conversation with Jake.

Then one day when Rich was walking home from school he took a wrong turn and ended up going down a really shady street. Rich hugged his backpack tightly as he stumbled down the sidewalk. Rich jumped and landed on his butt as someone tapped him on the shoulder.

"Don't be scared kid" A old man in a hoodie said to Rich.

The man held out his hand to help Rich up. Rich hesitantly took the offer as was pulled from the ground.

"May I interest you in something" the man reached into his hoodie.

"Oh um no" Rich fumbled avoiding eye contact.

The man pulled out a small case from his hoodie "Your seem like a loser kid."

Rich gaped "I um ya I am."

"Well I can change that" the Man smirked.

"I doubt it" Rich began to walk away but was pulled back.

"In this case there is a pill which will help you become popular"  the Man grinned.

Rich raised an eyebrow "so it's like drugs?"

"It's better then drugs" the Man paused "it's from Japan and It will help you" the Man continued "it could even help you get with that special someone.

Rich paused and thought of Jake but declined the offer "no thank you sir."

"Suit yourself" the Man shrugged "but I'll be here if you change your mind."

Rich nodded "I don't think I will but thanks."

Rich speed walked home after that perplexed about what just happened.

Weeks passed and Rich's crush on Jake grew. Rich wanted nothing else but to be beside him. At lunch Rich was walking to his locker to find Jake had Chloe pushed up against it passionately making out. Rich slowly backed away before sprinting. He felt shitty for the rest of the day. When he left school Rich made an idiotic decision and decided to go back to the man about this special pill. 

"Ah so your back?" The man laughed as Rich approached him.

"Ya I am" Rich mumbled "do you still have those pills."

"There called squips" the Man corrected "and of course I do."

"How much?" Rich pulled out his money "I only have this."

The Man smiled slyly and grabbed the money "that'll do."

"O-okay" Rich responded.

"Here" The Man handed Rich the case "take it with Mountain Dew green to activate your squip."

Rich nodded "okay thanks."

"And if you want to deactivate it use Mountain Dew red if you can manage to find it" The Man said while counting the money.

"Alright" Rich began to walk away.

When he got home his parents were still at work. Rich made his way to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of Mountain dew. Rich sat on his couch nervous. He opened the small cause and saw a grey oblong pill. Rich hesitated before taking the pill with the Mountain Dew.

Rich waited a moment "What a rip off I don't feel a thi-"

Before Rich could finish his head was greeted with pain. Rich screamed loudly falling to the floor. He held his head wanting the pain to go away. For a moment Rich thought he was going to die. Until the pain stopped and he heard a voice.

"Welcome to your Super Quantum Unit Intel Processor...  your Squip."

Rich gasped staring at the figure before him "you look like Evil Kermit."

"My default mode" the squip spoke "if you prefer I can can also be set to Keanu Reeves or sexy anime female."

Rich blinked a couple of times "um Kermit is fine."

"Alright" Evil Kermit spoke "now what do you want me to do for you."

Rich blushed "well I need to get popular so I can be closer to Jake."

"Jake?" The squip raised an eyebrow "I can tell you want to get with him."

Rich blush grew "well ya."

The squip cringed "sorry but I can't allow that."

Rich froze "what?!"

"Squips can't permit relationships of two the same sex" the squip informed "erasing memory of feelings for Jake in 3..."

"Stop" Rich cried.

"2."

"Please!"

"1 you may feel mild discomfort."

Rich screeched in pain falling to his knees. After a few minutes he stood back up completely oblivious to what just happened.

"So" the squip looked at him expectingly.

"So what" Rich stared at him "I need you to help me get with Brooke."

The squips smirked "yes you do."

*End Of Flashback*

Rich bolted up in the bed in a cold sweat.

"That bastard" Rich grunted holding his head.

His memories suddenly seemed to be flooding back into his head.