21

Jake and Rich walked down the school hallway hand in hand. After discussing the two decided that they should just be casual about revealing their relationship. They weren't going to have an extravagant reveal because that's just wasn't them. No doubt their friends would still make a big deal about it anyway.

People stared as they walked down the hall but no one stopped the two. As they were walking they saw Chloe and Brooke waking towards them. They looked down to see the two girls hands were intertwined. The girls looked down to see the boys doing the same thing. The couples stopped in front of each other.

"OH MY GOD!" Chloe screeched.

"Congratulations you guys!" Rich smiled at the girls.

The pairs broke apart to give their friends hugs. Rich and Jake gave Chloe a knowing look. They were extremely proud of her especially after the conversation they had.

"Wait until the rest of the group hear about this" Brooke smirked "two pairs of best friends getting together once again!"

"Jenna will love the gossip" Jake commented.

The four laughed. Chloe and Brooke turned to walk in the same direction as the other couple.

"So how did it happen" Chloe asked.

"Well" Jake started "it was pretty much a normal day for the most part but when I was walking Rich back to his door I just really really wanted to kiss him."

"The feelings mutual" Rich smiled.

"So you just went for it?" Brooke asked and Jake nodded "Wow very bold of you."

"It's hot" Rich whispered to her and she giggled.

"So how did it happen for you guys" Jake asked.

Chloe blushed "well you know how we were um..."

"Friends with benefits" Brooke finished for her squeezing her hand "don't be embarrassed to say it."

Chloe smiled "Yeah, so since I wanted to be more I just sat down with Brooke and explained how I was feeling and luckily she felt the same."

"Luckily" Brooke snorted "I was practically drooling over you."

Chloe giggles "in the words of Rich the feelings mutual."

Once again everyone was laughing. Suddenly the bell rang signalling everyone to go their classes. No many moved as they wouldn't go straight away but the four moved to go to their class.

They entered the classroom together and noticed Michael and Jeremy already sitting in their.

"Hey g-" Michael started but stopped when he saw the hand holding "OH SHIT CONGRATS GUYS!"

Jeremy looked over at them and his eyes widened "wow two new couples in one day Jenna's gonna lose her shit."

They laughed and sat down next to them still holding hands. Jenna sauntered into the classroom followed but Christine. The two didn't notice the couples as their hands were under the desks. Jenna and Christine sat down behind their friends.

Christine smiled tiredly "hey guys."

Their was bags under her eyes and she was leaning on her hands.

"Christine I don't mean to be rude" Jeremy said "but you look tired are you okay?"

She nodded giving him a watery smile "I was up all night helping my cousin with his first audition. He's auditioning for his school play."

Jenna shook her head "Christine you really shouldn't ha-" she glanced down at her friends in front of her "OH FUCK ME GENTLY WITH A CHAINSAW!"

They all laughed and Christine leaned over her desk to see the hands intertwined "oh my god!"

Jenna immediately started blabbering questions at the couples and they blinked at her. More students started to pile in followed by the teachers. She shushed Jenna as she began her lesson.
She gave the class piles of homework which caused a lot of complaints. The bell rang and everyone moved to go to their next class.

"I sometimes think teachers make our lives miserable just for the sake of doing so" Rich moaned to his boyfriend.

"I recall you saying something like this before" Jake laughed.

"Yes" Rich nodded "but now your my boyfriend so you have to tolerate all my rants."

Jake smiled "oh please Rich I always have."

"Jake! Rich!"

They turned to see Jenna.

"Okay so who confessed to who" she waisted no time getting to the point.

"Well I kissed him first" Jake said.

Jenna squeaked "That is so cute!"

Rich frowned "Jenna you're not even in our next class."

Jenna nodded "well I know that but I'm willing to be late for some information."

"Go to class Jenna" Jake told her.

She scoffed and stomped away her hair flipping behind her.

"How long are we going to have to deal with that?" Rich asked.

Jake chuckled "brace yourself for a week of shit Rich."

The two laughed while walking into their next classroom.

Time Skip

"BBQ Pringles how I love thee" Rich said as he ate them.

Jake laughed as he approached his boyfriend and flopped down on the couch next to him.

At the moment they were in Jake's house and Rich had just found Pringles. Jake had put on the fire awhile ago and the two had completely forgotten about their homework.

"Why don't snakes have arms?" Rich asked out of the blue.

Jake frowned "what?"

"It doesn't seem fair" Rich shrugged "we have arm and legs and they have neither."

"I don't think I'll ever understand your mind Rich."

"Is that a bad thing?"

Jake kissed the top of Rich's head "I love it Rich."

The fire was dying down and Rich smiled before getting up "where's your coal or turf or whatever you have?"

Before Jake could answer Rich opened a press and noticed a photo hanging on the side of it. He looked at it and his eyes widened. He lifted it off and showed it to Jake.

Jake gaped at the picture of the two of them but they were much younger. It hit him that Rich still didn't remember how close they were when they were kids.

"Jake?" Rich blinked at him " is this me?"