26

Jake stared at Rich. Pale Rich. Rich with wires connected to him. His hand curled around Rich's lifeless one tenderly. This was happening again. Jake never thought he would have to go through this again. Jake couldn't handle more. The days where Rich was in his coma after the squip incident was the worst days of Jake's life and now it was happening again.

Gently he lifted his hand and started stroking Rich's hair letting out one of many sighs.

"Hey sweetheart" Jake spoke "I'm not sure if you can hear me but I'm gonna try anyway. I really miss you Rich. I don't how much more of this I can take. I'm not blaming you if that's what you're thinking because this isn't your fault" Jake bit his lip "just come back to me soon Rich. I miss you so so much" he raised Rich's hand to his mouth and gently kiss his knuckles.

"Knock knock."

Jake turned to see Chloe leaning on the doorframe "Hey Jake."

"Hi Chloe" Jake went back to staring at Rich.

Chloe sighed "Jake you've been here for days. You're only going home because the doctors practically kick you out."

"I'm worried about him Chloe" Jake replied "and I want to be there when he wakes up."

"Fair enough but that doesn't excuse you not caring for yourself anymore."

"Did I ever though?" Jake raised an eyebrow.

Chloe frowned "come on get up."

"Why?"

"Because we are going to get you something to eat" Chloe replied.

"But Chl-"

"Jake I will use force if I have to" Chloe warned.

Jake still looked unsure.

"Look after you can run back here and sit in that uncomfortable ass chair all day but right now you got to take better care of yourself."

"Chloe-"

"You don't have a choice in this situation Jake now get up" Chloe ordered him.

Jake didn't move.

"Jake Rich wouldn't want you to do this to yourself" Chloe reasoned and Jake let out a sad sigh "now get up."

Jake reluctantly rose from his seat and started to follow Chloe to the door. He gave one final longing stare to Rich before exiting his room. They walked along the familiar, long, white corridors. Jake hated them. A nurse smiled at the two. Only Chloe smiled back. They exited the hospital. To Jake's surprise the rest of the group stood their waiting.

"Hey Jake!" Michael called out waving with his free hand.

His other hand was intertwined with Jeremys. It was dumb but Jake couldn't help but feel more saddened at the sight of the happy couple together. He wanted Rich so desperately.

"Nice to see you again" Christine smiled softly.

"We shall feast like kings Jake" Chloe declared 'your all skin and bones" she poked him in the stomach."

Jake smiled slightly "Ow!"

"There's that smile" Chloe pointer at Jake "we need to see more of that."

Everyone shouted different terms of agreement. Jake's smile grew wider. He may not have Rich but he still has his boss ass friends ready to take care of him and that was the best feeling Jake could feel right now.
————————————
Sorry for the short chapter. I couldn't stretch this out and I wanted the next part to be its own chapter. It shouldn't be long though!