23

Michael opened his door to see Jake and Rich standing on his porch. Rich had a doubtful and slightly worried expression.

"Oh hi guys" Michael said "what's up?"

"We need to talk to you and Jeremy" Jake said.

"You just assume he's here?" Michael cracked a smile.

"Well is he?" Rich asked.

"Yeah" Michael shrugged "come in."

They walked in through the hall and into the sitting room where Jeremy was sitting on the couch. He looked up from his phone and smiled.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked.

"Honestly" Rich shrugged "I barely have a clue myself."

Jake elbowed him "we're here on research purposes."

"Research?" Michael said as he set down next to Jeremy.

"What kind of research?" Jeremy continued his question.

Jake pulled out the picture of Rich and him as children. Rich was slightly surprised, he didn't realise Jake had snagged the photos before the two had left. Michael and Jeremy peered at it their expressions laced with confusion.

"Is that you guys" Michael asked.

"Yep" Rich answered.

"But I thought you two didn't meet until freshmen year" Jeremy said "that's what Rich always told us."

"That's what I thought" Rich noticeably sagged "that's what I remember at least."

"What?" Jeremy and Michael said simultaneously.

"My memories are..." Rich paused "well pretty much gone."

"What?" Jeremy and Michael said once again.

Jake stopped in to explain "Rich and I were best friends when we were kids. He moved away and came back but didn't remember me or the time we spend together."

"Wait did you not immediately confront him about it?" Michael said.

"Well no I-"

"Bruh" Michael and Jeremy said in a disapproving tone.

"That's what I'm saying" Rich muttered.

"Okay, Okay" Jake groaned "I made a mistake. I know that and I'm sorry."

Rich leaned on Jake's shoulder "you're lucky you're cute."

Michael and Jeremy both pretended to gag.

"Ugh affection" Michael scoffed as he wrapped his arm around Jeremy.

"Disgusting" Jeremy agreed before kissing Michael's cheek.

Rich snorted and Jake cracked a smile.

"Anyway back to the matter at hand" Jake said "when Rich got the squip he started speaking to me again but he still didn't remember anything and-"

"Let me guess" Jeremy interrupted "he still doesn't remember anything."

Rich nodded "it's all fuzzy."

"Do you think this has something to do with the squip?" Jake asked.

"Well he lacked in memory before the squip" Jeremy commented.

"I mean if Rich was already forgetting things" Michael continued "the squip could enhance that. I read an article about this one guy who forgot his entire family. They say it didn't have anything to do with the grey oblong pill he took but I knew."