Chapter Sixteen

I woke up with my phone's alarm at eight thirty. I was ready for the day ahead of me. Since it was our one-year anniversary, Eli told me he had something special planned for us after class, but no matter how many times I asked, he wouldn't tell me what it was we were doing. Nonetheless, I had pep in my step as I was getting ready to leave.

After showering, I started to get dressed for the day. The undergarments I chose were black and lacy; for some reason, they made me feel really good about myself. I then put on my black and grey skater dress and grey leggings along with a pair of black flats. I put makeup on before starting on my hair; I did a little bit more than usual: concealer, eyeliner, mascara, highlighter, and a liquid lip seemed like the best way to go. Then I worked on my hair. After blow drying and brushing through it until there were no knots, I straightened it most of the way down then curled it toward the ends. It was a cute look.

Deciding to seize the moment, I grabbed my phone and took a bunch of pictures before grabbing my things that I was bringing to school into my room. Along with my everyday school supplies, textbooks, and my phone charger, I brought my small makeup bag, and flat iron. Eli said that he would pick me up and bring me today, since we were leaving for whatever we're doing right after our last classes. So I figured I'd bring this stuff along to fix whatever may have gotten at all messed up throughout the day.

When I finished, I checked my phone and saw that Eli had texted me that he had just pulled into the driveway. Sending a quick text saying I'd be out in a minute, I grabbed my backpack, flung it over my shoulder, and headed downstairs and out the front door.

As I was sitting down in the passenger seat of Eli's car he said, "hey Birdie." I quickly replied with a hello of my own, then reached over to give him a kiss before putting my seatbelt on. "You look beautiful babe," he said.

"Thank you," I said to him as the blush rose to my cheeks. He backed out the driveway and started our drive to campus. I was in a good mood, and I planned to keep it that way the entire day. Eli and I held hands and kept light conversation on our way there, not feeling the need to fill the few moments of silence when they occurred as they weren't awkward at all like they used to be so long ago.

When Eli pulled into his parking spot, he turned the car off, then turned towards me. "Stay here and close your eyes," he said.

"What? Why?" I asked, wondering what was about to happen.

"Just do it, please," he asked. I sighed and turned myself to face forward and closed my eyes. "No peeking," he said. He grabbed something, then closed his door. After a few seconds, I heard my door open, then he said, "okay. Open."

I did as he said, turning toward the sound of his voice. Opening my eyes, I saw him holding a single flower in an outstretched hand. I didn't know what kind it was, nor did I care because it was just gorgeous. "Oh my God. Ellie! It's wonderful!" I said, taking it from him and giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you!"

"Anything for you, baby. The rest of the bouquet should be waiting for you by the time you get home tonight," He said, taking my hand once again as we walked into the building my first class was held in. When we reached my class he gave me a kiss, told me he would see me during math, and made his way towards his class.

Class went by fairly quickly, which was a good sign as to how the rest of the day was going to go since I just really wanted my classes to be over with for today already.

TW: sexual assault (skip to ~~~)

I was making my way to my next class through the back hallway of the arts building that just about nobody used as a shortcut when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me towards them. "Hey Wrennie."