Chapter Eleven

I pulled up to Chloe's house and considered honking the horn to let her know that I was there. However, when I thought about it, I realized it probably wasn't my best idea. It was currently five in the morning and even though I was extremely exhausted, excitement coursed through me. I had been looking forward to this day for months. I went up to the front door and unlocked it with my key, then I made my way to my best friends bedroom. She better be up and almost ready or so help me-

Before I could even knock on her door, it swung open to reveal Chloe's smiling face, "you ready?" She asked me.

"Pfft! I was born ready! What kind of question is that?" I retorted. The two of us made our way to the Jeep and started our hour long ride to the arena.

The plan for the day was to wait in line so we could get barricade at the concert that we were attending. It was for our favorite band in the whole world. I had seen them many times before, but we'd never gone so far as to wait all day for barricade spots in the pit. To prepare myself to be the most hyped up for this concert, I hadn't listened to any of their music for at least a month and a half and I was more than ready to hear the beautiful words from the lyrical genius that was Tyler Joseph and the sick drum beats from the most talented Josh Dun.

The thought of waiting in the hot sun all day was definitely daunting, but Chloe and I had planned it out perfectly. When we got close to the venue we would stop to grab breakfast and eat in the car before looking for parking and joining the line. We had a cooler that we would return to the car just before the doors opened. It held snacks, sandwiches, and plenty of water to keep us hydrated. I brought a big blanket, so we could sleep until the sun got too bright, and so it would be a bit more comfy to sit on the ground. We would return it back to the car when we did the cooler. I also brought Uno along with a fully charged portable charger to keep us entertained throughout the day. We were prepared.

When we got there, a small line had already started to form. There were people there who had yellow wristbands they passed out and wrote our names on them and what number in line we were. I freaked a bit internally when I saw that my wristband had the number twenty-one on it. Chloe's was twenty-two. We settled into our spot in line, laying down to get some more sleep.

I didn't wake back up until around nine a.m. I sat up and saw that the line had grown to at least one hundred people already. Chloe was already up, claiming that the brightness of the sun had woken her about an hour ago. Eli had texted me saying that he hoped I had an amazing time even though he thought Chloe and I were insane for waiting in line all day. The rest of the morning went by fairly quickly. It was fun watching people line up in outfits themed with the most recent album. Around noon, they moved the line closer to the building where we would wait for the remainder of the day.

Chloe and I kept occupied by playing Uno with each other and with other people around us in line. We paced our time between that and being on our phones. Some people brought speakers and were playing music for background noise and sing-a-longs. We ate our food and made sure to keep hydrated. In the late afternoon, a merch booth opened and we waited in line to see if we wanted anything. I bought a tour shirt, poster, and a flag. Chloe bought a sweatshirt.

When we got back to our spot in line, venue staff was handing out boxes of pizza to pass along. This surprised me as I didn't know that was a thing that they did, but either way I thought it was thoughtful. Chloe and I each grabbed a slice of cheese pizza, then passed the box along to the group of people behind us. I texted Eli excited about the events that had transpired since we had last spoken, but mostly because I was happy to have free food.

We played a few more rounds of Uno before we returned our things back to the car and were finally allowed into the venue. Chloe and I speed walked our way down to the pit as we had seen others get yelled at for running. The spot we got was a bit off-center more on the side of the stage where Tyler's piano would be when they came on stage, but we were up against the barricade. There was about an hour before the openers started, so Chloe and I spent most of that time on our phones.