Chapter Seventeen

Eli pulled away and smiled at me. I returned it, and I couldn't have been bothered with looking away from him and it seemed like he couldn't either. Until the ride stopped. He helped me down off of the horse, then we walked to where we were supposed to eat. He slowed down and started talking to a lady about the reservation. I was looking beyond the stand the cast members were stationed at, to the castle that was up on the hill. It looked a lot like... No way!!! The biggest smile reached my face. I practically yelled at him, "Ellie! You didn't?!"

He chuckled, "I believe I did, baby!"

"You got us a reservation at Be Our Guest?! How?!" I just about demanded from him.

"I am simply the best, that is how." He smiled. I pecked his lips and practically started jumping in place from the excitement. We waited about fifteen minutes before "the master invites the Parker party of two to dinner." I dragged Eli towards the cast member that called his last name. She had a Lumiere candle in her hands and handed it to me. Eli asked her if she would take a picture of us in front of the castle doors. The host nodded and he handed her his camera. He got behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and placed his hands under Lumiere, so it was like he would be standing in Eli's palms if I had let go of him. I smiled and could only imagine Eli was too. He asked if she would take one more and she nodded, smiling. He moved his hands to my hips, so I was the only one holding Lumiere; I held my wrists a different way so Lumiere was a little tilted. I started smiling again, but was surprised when Eli's lips met the edge of my smile. My face scrunched up, even though I was still smiling. After another few seconds, he pulled away and asked the lady excitedly if she got that. When she said yes, his smile grew extremely wide and he said, "that's awesome! Thank you so much!"

We got a tour of the castle and were seated at a table in the ballroom. It was so awesome in there! The areas they included as dining areas were amazing; they were the west wing, ballroom (obviously), and the castle gallery.  As the host left us, she took Lumiere with her and told us our server would be there within a few minutes.

On the tables they had their red napkins folded in the shape of a rose. It was just so cool to be in an environment that was like the one in the movie. Our waiter soon came over and introduced himself and took our drink orders. He also made sure that we knew that we were allowed to get up, look around, and take pictures throughout the time we were there and that "the master" would be in the library visiting with guests if we would like to see him. I smiled towards him as he walked away, then picked up the menu in front of me. My eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets looking at the prices of the options. I looked at Eli and said, "let me pay for dinner."

He looked up at me, surprised, "what? No!"

"Please, I feel bad. You've already spent a lot on me. And I don't have anything here for you. Please let me pay for dinner. Please, please, please!!" I gave him a look I knew he couldn't refuse, my puppy dog look. I opened my eyes real wide, tilted my head down a bit and looked up at him, then I stuck out my bottom lip.

My gift for Eli seemed like nothing compared to this. He was still having a difficult time trying to learn how to play the drums because he didn't have a set at home. All he could use were the drum sets at school. And even then, he really wasn't supposed to be doing that because they weren't available to students in the practice rooms. So I had done a bit of research about the brands with the best quality drum set and bought him one from a shop in the mall. Eli's parents were going to pick it up for me today and get it set up to surprise him when he got home.

Eli was quiet for a minute trying to resist the look I was giving him. Finally, he sighed and said, "fine! But you have to stay like that for another minute while I take a picture of you."