Author's Note

Hey guys! This is my first ever story that I started working on a long time ago (as in, I was just finishing middle school, so like 2009). So, I'd say this is about 10-11 years in the making. I've posted it on previous accounts I've had before, but just never thought it was good enough. I'm honestly convinced that I'm never going to get this one right exactly how I want it. So, I've started over completely, and am giving it one last go on here before I give it up (at least for a long while).

This book does deal with topics that some may find troublesome or triggering. If you are unsure if you wish to continue reading, some of these topics include: depression, anxiety, self-harm, several forms of abuse, and sexual assault. Some of the chapters or parts of them will have content/trigger warnings before them, but I am human and sometimes I forget or don't realize that it's needed. Therefore, if you are triggered or are not comfortable with reading about any of these topics please DO NOT continue on to read this book.

Also, for the sake of not being the cause of my own downfall, all of these chapters are written ahead. By that I mean, even though there may be only a certain amount of chapters posted here, I have more chapters written on my computer. This is mostly due to the fact that I work, go to school, and have mental health issues of my own that I'm trying to sort out. In between all that, I am writing in my free time, so I'm hoping that writing and updating like this will help keep uploads consistent. I don't really have an update schedule at all, most of the time I write over the weekend or whenever I have weekdays off, so uploads can be at any time. I'm hoping it's once every two weeks AT LEAST, and I'm going to try really hard to stick to that.

A few more things: (1) Just because I think it's important to note as I've seen a few other authors do, I do not include every single conversation, encounter, or event that my characters have. Yes, I include some background sometimes, but that doesn't mean that every single situation they've been in for the duration of the story has been written in. (2) This story has a bit of a slow start, at least I think so. But after the first few chapters it picks up a bit. (3) There's a song linked in with the media for each chapter. It's up to you whether you listen or take notice to it. Sometimes the song is mentioned in the chapter, other times I just think it goes along with the content of it. I've also given this story, as a whole, a song that I think goes along with the theme of it. The song I have chosen for now is called Blame and it's by Bastille. Give it a listen up top before you move on?

Anyways, I hope you give it a shot and enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed it (and gotten frustrated with it).

Thanks for reading!

Oh hey, in case you need to hear it: stay alive, friend. Maybe we'll both get to see one day that it is worth it and it does get better.

TM