( fifty two )

REAL LIFE

REAL LIFE

Marissa had been excited for New Years as soon as Jensen said they were having it at the brewery. Danneel had assured them that JJ was being taken care of by their long time babysitter, so everything was set for them to go and drink and have a good time celebrating the coming of the new year.

Marissa had made sure she looked presentable, nice shirt over a pair of expensive jeans and some comfy shoes. Jensen had given her a sloppy, gross kiss, one that made her shriek and run away as he showered her in compliments. It wasn't long before they were making their way to the brewery, Marissa buzzing with excitement as Jensen drove, their hands intertwined between them.

When they arrived at the brewery, it was all set up with fairy lights and decorations that were festive but not too far out there for the holiday. The servers were handing out beers already, Marissa making Jensen chose her's because she wouldn't really taste the difference as it was beer. Not like she'd ever tell Jensen that, however. So, when he handed her something with cowboy in the name, she accepted it gratefully and took a sip of the beer.

The party started to pick up when Gen and Jared arrive, Marissa getting to hug them again. She also noticed that Jared was wearing the bracelet she had gotten him, much like Jensen. It made her stomach fill with warmth as she tried to steal the beanie away from his head. However, he jumped out of the way, rushing to get away with a laugh. Leaving Jensen behind, she ran after Jared to try and get that hat that was stopping everyone from seeing the beautiful locks of hair he kept underneath.

After awhile, it just turned into Jared piggybacking her around, smiling and laughing as they drank the beer that was being passed around, Jared kicking people he knew with Marissa's foot. When they made their way back to their significant others, Jensen was talking to Danneel, who look absolutely gorgeous. Marissa gulped, whispering to herself as she stared at Jensen and his ex, "This is why I'm bisexual. This exact reason."

So, she was a little tipsy. And so, Jared hadn't put her down yet and glanced over his shoulder to look at her, following her eyeline to Danneel and Jensen before bursting into laughter. Marissa let out a little whine, before Jared was putting her down and they were making their way to their respective partners. Marissa got a hug from Danneel, who was about the same height as her in her heels, and caught Jared looking at her with a grin and a shake of the head.

Marissa gave him back a playful middle finger, Danneel, Gen, and Jensen giving them a strange look. They only laughed with each other.

The night carried on. Marissa got Jensen to dance with her, tried to ignore the exchanged looks between Danneel and him and focus on the fact that he would keep most of his affection on her.

And so Marissa chugged a beer or two. So she didn't leave Jensen's side the whole time they made rounds, Jensen greeting and introducing and chatting before he was moving on to the next group and repeating. Marissa got to stair at his jaw and his freckles and had to shove down the urge to make his stupid, plump, pretty petal lips kiss bruised because they were always so pretty after they made out or made love.

But Jensen didn't push her away. He let her stay in the orbit he created around him. If he was the Sun, then Marissa was Mercury, keeping as close as she could and letting him warm her.

That was, until he sent her to get more beer and the next thing she knew, a cake was being wheeled out onto a small stage and Jensen and Jared were being chanted up on stage to give a speech. Marissa stayed back, waiting for her beers and listening as Jensen and Jared made a speech about starting the new year off right and then something about the 300th episode of Supernatural that was coming up.

Marissa got her beer right as Gen and Danneelnwere shoved up on the stage, Jared pulling Gen into tender, short kiss before continuing to speak. Jensen just had his arm wrapped around Danneel, but they shared a look that had Marissa wanting to throw up. She got what her dad was talking about as they shared a gaze, so much love and admiration in that one look that Marissa wondered why. Why had Jensen gone to Tim Hortons with her when the first met. Why had he decide to continue to go on dates with her. Why had he decided that he loved her when it was so clearly obvious he still felt something for Danneel.

Marissa wanted her stereotypical slam her drink on the table, drawing all the attention to her before she stormed out of the room, Jensen calling after her. She wanted to be angry enough to tell him to go to hell because as much as she knew that platonic affection was important, what Danneel and him have didn't seem that way. Marissa wanted to scream and yell and cry and throw a tantrum and be that bitch that causes the scenes in Soap Operas that you hated but knew was around just to keep the drama going.

Instead, Marissa took a sip of the beer, closed her eyes, took a grounding breath to stop the tears that were burning the back of her eyes, and smiled a fake smile. She looked around, hoping nobody noticed her, before slowly making her way through the crowd and sitting at a vacant table near the back of the room.

And for the rest of the time Jensen and Jared made their speech, she stared at the beer she was slowly draining. The rest of the night was spent close to Jensen's side, faking a smile and a laugh as she tried not to stare too closely at Jensen now. He didn't seem to notice her change in personality.

So maybe she was a better actor than she thought she was.

NOTE: I hate given my baby so much grief but anxieties and insecurities suck and half the time I feel like none of my friends like me because maybe I'm too annoying or something stupid like that and I need to stop it
happy birthday, jensen!!

NOTE: I hate given my baby so much grief but anxieties and insecurities suck and half the time I feel like none of my friends like me because maybe I'm too annoying or something stupid like that and I need to stop it happy birthday, jensen!!