Three

"Andrea!" Vee screamed, "Get up already!" Vee was in the kitchen making breakfast. It wasn't anything special, just frozen waffles and microwaved sausage. Her mom was still at work and Vee was leaving for work herself in a few minutes. Her sister, Andrea, needs to wake up and watch the rest of their siblings.

"I'm hungry," Victor pouted, "Hurry up!"

"Tell me to hurry up again and you won't get anything," Vee snapped, but instantly regretted it after seeing the tears in Victor's eyes. Vee quickly went to hug her youngest sibling, "I'm sorry. You know I didn't mean it."

Victor just sniffled and nodded his head. Vee went back into the kitchen to continue making breakfast, "Berto, can you go wake up Andrea?" Vee asked as she put everyone's breakfast on the table.

A few minutes later, Berto and Andrea entered the dining room. Vee could finally leave for work. Vee pulled Andrea into the kitchen, "Okay, so mom should be home in about and hour and I'm gonna be at work until three. Anything you need?"

"Can you bring me back an iced coffee?"

"If you pay for it."

"Don't you get it for free?" Andrea rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I get it for free. You have to pay for it." Andrea just rolled her eyes again. Vee quickly grabbed her belongings and ran out the door. She couldn't miss the bus and risk being late to work.

Vee managed to arrive to work with a few minutes to spare. She walked to the break room to put down her things. Her coworker, Lucas, was also there putting on his uniform. He smiled at her when she walked in.

"How's it going?" Lucas asked as he tied his work shoes.

"Long morning," Vee shrugged, "You?"

"Same here," Lucas smirked, "What was your streaks about last night."

Vee tried to hide her face, "Why couldn't you ask me this last night? It's a new day; I'm a new woman."

"Shut up," Lucas stood up, "You wrote, 'today was a good day, streaks' with a smiley face. C'mon - spill."

"I may or may not have made a new friend," Vee turned her back to Lucas so he couldn't try and read her face.

"And you really like this new friend, huh?" Lucas turned Vee around so she was facing him. Vee smirked in response, "What's her name?"

"Amber. She's kinda cute."

"How far have you guys gone?"

"Negative base," Vee sighed, "I don't even have her number yet."

"Wait, what?"

"She's my precalc tutor," Vee let out a small smile, "She's kinda quiet but she seems pretty cool. I want to get to know her better."

"And then you wanna . . . " Lucas raised his eyebrows suggestively.

Amber hit his shoulder, "Shut up! I don't even know if she's gay," She sighed, "Probably not considering the people she hangs around."

"What kind of people is that?"

"Make America Great Again type of people."

Lucas blew air out of his mouth, "Oh."

"Yeah."

"You never know. You can try and turn her," Lucas laughed, "Really make America great for her."

"I like where your mind's at," Vee smirked, "You know what? After work I'm gonna follow her on Instagram and add her on Snapchat. I might as well try."

"And that's the Vee I know and love!" Lucas exclaimed before he finally finished tying his other shoe. After the two of them were dressed in their work uniforms, they left the break room to finally clock in.

~

"Everyone ready?" Jinny asked before snapping a picture. She was taking a selfie of all of them at the Trump rally with their MAGA hats to post on Snapchat, and probably VSCO later. Amber couldn't help but feel anxious. She didn't want to be associated with Trump, but she knew it wasn't her place to say. Besides, the reality of the situation is that everyone who sees the picture probably won't care about the MAGA hats. Amber doesn't know if that's worse.

Next, her parents wanted to take a picture so they could post it on facebook for the rest of their family. This day was truly a nightmare.

Amber tried to take her hat off, claiming her fear of getting helmet hair, but her friends just called her silly and told her she needed to wear her hat to show support.

Amber decided to go to the bathroom to try and distance herself from the situation for a short while. It took her a minute of navigating, but she managed to find a bathroom. To her surprise, it was pretty much empty. Talk about a rarity.

While sitting in the stall, Amber opened Instagram. She had a couple of new followers - including Viviana. Amber had to admit, she was surprised. She didn't think Viviana saw her as that type of classmate: the type that follows each other on Instagram. But nonetheless, Amber followed her back.

To pass the time, Amber looked through Viviana's Instagram photos. It was mostly pictures of her and her friends. There was one picture of Viviana and her friend, Rosalyn. Amber recognized Rosalyn because they've had a handful of classes together throughout the years. This year, Rosalyn is in Amber's AP Biology class and the two of them are lab partners. She always thought of Rosalyn as a nice person because she always did her work for labs and didn't rely on Amber to do everything like most people. She's always appreciated that.

Viviana had posted the picture for Throwback Thursday. It was a picture of them looking about ten years old for Halloween. Viviana was dressed as a cowboy and Rosalyn as a witch. Her caption was 'happy birthday to my best friend!'. It was admittedly a cute picture.

Amber scrolled through more of Viviana's pictures. Viviana is the type of person who doesn't delete Instagram photos, so Amber was able to see her posts all the way from her eighth grade graduation.Viviana looked so tiny, and standing next to her was Rosalyn looking equally as tiny.

However, the post that caught Amber's eye was the one with all the rainbows. It was a photo of Viviana and a group of her friends at a pride parade. Honestly, Amber had no clue Viviana was gay - not that she cared. But she was still surprised because everyone at school seemed to love her. Amber originally thought they didn't know; however, they share almost sixty mutual friends on Instagram - but none of them were at the rally with her right now. Amber was stumped. Was being gay not that big of a deal anymore? Has Amber really spent her life in a bubble?

Amber decided to just close Instagram and go back to the rally. She can think about all this later.