Chapter 20

Nervous footsteps could be heard as Taehyung and Jungkook entered the packed waiting room at the hospital. Jungkook helped his mate sit down comfortably before rubbing soothing circles on his back. They were both jittery, finding out the gender of their baby was exciting and overwhelming at the same time. Jeon whispered sweet nothings into Kim's ear before leaving to check in, the receptionist smiling before accepting the papers and informing him that they would be in to see the doctor soon. He nodded before heading back to his boyfriend, seeing the boy sitting there with both legs bouncing.

-

"Mr. Kim?" a nurse called out sometime later while looking around. They stood up and followed the girl who led them into the doctor's office. After sitting down and greeting the said person Taehyung got onto the bed and laid back. He glanced at Jungkook nervously as he stood there holding his hand. The doctor placed the stuff on his stomach and soon a heartbeat was heard. The room was silent for minutes as they all stared at the screen. Taehyung and Jungkook were breathless, tears forming in their eyes. The baby was growing well and they were so pleased to see it. This was an impactful moment in their lives and Taehyung finally sobbed as he smiled widely. He was so happy.

"Would you like to know the gender?" the doctor asked happily. They nodded and took a deep breath.

"It's a girl!" she said cheerfully and the two boys were left with open mouths.

"Wow," Taehyung whispered, "I know she's going to be beautiful." He rubbed his stomach gently as Jeon nodded and held one of Kim's hand.

-

Several days passed and they were some of the best Taehyung and Jungkook has had. They were filled with soft laughter and smiles as the couple were beyond happy. But, all days must come to an end- just like this day did. Everything was fine up until someone sensed something was off. They all did really. Out of nowhere they were ambushed by rogues. Jungkook lashed out and tore most to pieces alongside his pack, but time seemed to still as a loud cry was heard. Jeon turned with a snap of his neck as he watched his mate's body being slammed onto the ground. He lost his breath and whimpered before a loud, thunderous growl left his throat as he quickly tore into the rogue's neck. He dropped the creature and rushed to his lover who was struggling to stay awake. He whined and shifted back into a human as he held Taehyung, calling for everyone to get the pack doctor. There was so much blood and Jeon cried as he saw the huge gash on Tae's stomach and neck- he was losing too much blood and everyone knew it. The doctor rushed to the scene, yelling for people to grab Taehyung to bring him back.

"Taehyung," Jungkook whispered as he cradled him close, his lips pressed against his lover's soft hair. With blurry eyes, the boy looked up and weakly smiled while squeezing his hand. "Please don't leave me." he sobbed, his body so weak at the moment.

"Jungkook, don't let me go." Taehyung whispered back before taking a deep breath that soon ended up being his last. A loud, saddened whine was heard before everything just stopped.

-

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The sound of beeping echoing through the room was soon replaced with a weak gasp. The boy lay still in the bed, his eyes adjusting to the bright light. His eyes widened and he placed his hand on his stomach, pushing his muscles to work as if they hadn't been used in a long time. He felt the smooth surface with narrowed eyes. What happened? A nurse made her way into the room, her eyes glancing over the paper on the clipboard. She hummed and began to check everything as usual, only this time the heartbeat on the monitor sounded steadier than usual. With a frown on her face she glanced at the boy in the bed to see his eyes open. The doctor gasped and dropped her clipboard before yelling for other doctors to come in.

.

.

.

.

Taehyung watched the doctor and nurses gather in the room, all of them examining the boy as if he were an alien. The doctor took a deep breath and cleared his throat before looking at Taehyung.

"It's good to see you finally awake." he said, Kim's eyes narrowing once again in confusion. "Taehyung, you've been in a coma for two months." The realization hit him like a train, a pleading cry leaving his lips. No, this can't be true. He didn't want to believe it, not one bit. The nurses helped to remove the oxygen mask, wanting to test his ability to speak after so long. After not getting a reply from the boy, the doctor continued.

"To put it simply, you were in a car accident. It's almost uncommon to see a patient so mobile after being in a coma, but you seem to defy all experts." the doctor said with a chuckle. "It isn't uncommon to wake from one, but I can see that your arm may have a mind of it's own or you moved it yourself, obviously. But, with all jokes aside, you must have a lot of questions, though I will come back shortly to ask and or answer them. As for you, you need to relax and stay comfortable while the nurses here give you some water and food if you'd like. See you soon and again, welcome back Taehyung."

_________________

i'm so sorry, this sucked cause it was rushed & i also wanted it to be sad but not too sad, y'know? this isn't the end though!