Chapter 2.

Edited

Edited

-

"Hello?" Serenity made her way into the estranged boy's room without an invitation, which made him look at her with a confused expression on his face.

"Hi." The boy replied, then left an awkward silence sitting in the room. The two children just stared at each other as if they had never learned how to talk. Serenity thought about just leaving, but she knew that it would probably only make it more awkward between the two in the future. She needed to get to know everyone now so that it wasn't as tricky later.

"I-um- my real name is Serenity, what's yours?" Serenity asked the boy, tilting her head a little bit to seem a bit more innocent.

"I am Klaus, but my number is Four," Klaus told her, noticing that the girl was slowly inching her way toward him. Her action made him slightly uncomfortable, allowed. Still, he attempted not to show it because he wanted her to feel welcome, unlike most of the other kids.

"So Klaus, what are your powers?" Serenity asked curiously, smiling happily at him. She was thrilled that he was kind to her even though she was new to the Academy. Klaus noticed how her behavior changed and smiled a bit himself.

"I can see dead people. I don't like it though, it is useless, and they scare me." He admitted, looking down at his hands. Serenity frowned and plopped down next to Klaus on his bed. A surprised look popped up on Klaus' face, but he didn't seem to mind Serenity's company.

"But if they are dead, they can't hurt you. Why are you afraid of ghosts if they can't hurt you?" She asked curiously, looking around the room as if trying to sense a ghost. Of course, she didn't share Klaus' power, so she didn't see or feel anything.

"Their faces are scary. Sometimes they are bleeding and screaming." Klaus told her weakly, furrowing his eyebrows at her words. Technically she was right, so he wondered why he was as afraid as he was.

"In that case, I get it, I would be scared too." Serenity told him, trying to make him feel better. Her attempt did make him feel a little better; it made him feel like he wasn't a complete wimp like his father always thought.

"How about you, what's your power?" Klaus asked back at her, which made her smile. She always wanted to show someone her power, but her mother hadn't allowed her since she assumed it would put them both in danger.

Serenity pointed for Klaus to look at the sketches that were scattered all over the floor. Within a second, they were all flying in the air. The papers were following her hand and flying around the room. After demonstrating her power, she made all of the papers lands in a neat pile on Klaus' dresser.

"You can control paper?" Klaus asked excitedly, which made Serenity laugh loudly.

"No silly, I can control the wind, sometimes I can make people think that they know me and that we are friends too." She smiled at him, smacking his arm lightly. Klaus chuckled to himself, looking back at the papers that were neatly piled on his desk.