Chapter 10.

^thats a picture of what the apartment would look like later. Also I don't really like this chapter so I am going to apologize in advance if you don't like it either.

"Klaus, are you ready to see how our new apartment looks?" Serenity at Klaus who just nodded in response, looking up at the building which would help them start a new journey in their lives

"Klaus, are you ready to see how our new apartment looks?" Serenity at Klaus who just nodded in response, looking up at the building which would help them start a new journey in their lives. As soon as the two of them turned sixteen, they convinced the court that they would be able to provide for themselves, allowing them to legally move out of the house and into their very own apartment.

When the two friends walked into their apartment building, they realized that it was a bit more shabby than they remembered from when they first saw it on the add to buy it. It was no wonder why they couldn't look at it before buying it, unfortunately, it was what they could afford. Klaus glanced at Serenity who looked around with a hopeful glint in her eyes as they walked to the elevator that would lead them to their studio apartment on the fourth floor.

Serenity pushed the up button on the elevator and began to patiently wait. After two minutes of waiting for the elevator doors to open, they finally did to reveal an old elevator with a sliding gate.

"Very historical. I'm into it." Serenity said positively, entering the elevator. Klaus slowly entered, frowning.

"The older it is, the more corpses wandering around," Klaus stated grimly, trying to ignore the spirit of a ginger hooker behind them.

"It won't be that bad Klaus; just look on the bright side, I am here to protect you." Serenity smiled cheekily after pressing the button to go to their floor. Once the elevator stopped, Klaus ran away from the woman who was whispering about her death to him. Serenity frowned when Klaus was running, hoping that the apartment would be okay for him.

When they both reached the door that had the number forty on it, Serenity smiled.

"It's perfect for us Klaus. You know, 'cause you are four, and I am zero?" Serenity said, pointing to the numbers as she spoke. Klaus chuckled a bit, pulling out his key from his pocket to unlock the door.

When the door opened a musty smell, hit both of their noses, but they walked in any way to see piles of boxes that the movers had put in the boxes. Most of the objects in the boxes were paid for by Serenity since she had money set into her savings account by her mother when she was young.

Serenity flicked on the lights so that they could see better, and what the saw was not glamorous. The two of them looked around to see dirty white brick walls, and dust was everywhere.

"It has character, and I think we can make it ours if we paint over the dirty bricks with some brand new white and clean up a bit, maybe open some windows." Serenity claimed happily even though she was beginning to have doubts. She put her bag with some clothes and valuables inside on the floor and went to the window in the kitchen of the apartment. The kitchen wasn't too small, but it was not significant.