Chapter 19.

Edited-For roughly thirty minutes, Ben and Serenity walked around the area of the hotel, just talking about Serenity's life and what Ben saw

Edited
-
For roughly thirty minutes, Ben and Serenity walked around the area of the hotel, just talking about Serenity's life and what Ben saw. At points, they both almost cried, but others they both laughed hysterically. Ben told Serenity about her life from his point of view, telling her of all the times he yelled at her decisions even when she couldn't hear him. For example, he talked about when she first smoked weed and how he was angry at her for days thinking that she could end up an addict like Klaus. Serenity proceeded to tell Ben how dumb his thoughts were and how she would never abuse drugs because she had seen what they had done to Klaus and she didn't want to go through what he did when on drugs.

"Is there some ghosty way that we can get there faster?" Serenity asked, waving her hands around in frustration as she sped down the sidewalk, avoiding running into people while Ben just walked straight through them. It would take Serenity a long time to get used to being able to walk through whatever she wanted. Not bumping into things was so foreign to her, she wasn't sure if she liked it or not.

"Technically there is, but you have only been dead for a day and probably wouldn't be able to figure it out yet. You haven't even changed what you are wearing yet." Ben stated, trying to keep up with Serenity who was walking at an uncomfortably quick pace.

"I can change my outfit?" Serenity asked, suddenly much more intrigued in ghostly abilities than before. Ben only laughed at her, still walking at her speed which slowed down a bit at the mention of clothes. Even though Serenity knew that they needed to get to Klaus as fast as possible, being able to change into whatever she waned fascinated her. Of course, she still didn't like the idea of being dead, but she was choosing to try to see bright sides of it like being able to see Ben and being able to change into whatever she wanted at her own will.

After roughly five minutes of walking at an almost inhuman speed, they finally reached the hotel they needed to be in. Luckily Serenity remembered that she could just walk through the wall, and did just that without tripping this time. She didn't like not being able to feel any physical objects, but she was indescribably happy to be able to touch Ben after a long seventeen years.

Serenity decided that it would be a decent idea to jump in front of Klaus without letting him know about her presence before, and when she did Klaus looked up at her with a look of horror on his face.

"You don't have the blood on your face anymore," Klaus stated with a raspy voice, almost like he had been crying the entire time Serenity and Ben were gone. His eyes were red and puffy, putting a frown on Serenity's face.

"What are you crying for you loser?" Serenity asked, trying to make him feel a little bit better through fake insults, but it didn't work. Klaus just looked up at Ren with a look of sadness and grief, which made Serenity want to cry. Klaus didn't deserve this, he didn't deserve the torture from lunatics, and he didn't deserve two of his best friends dying. He didn't deserve his power. Serenity knew damn well that if Klaus were able to escape nobody would believe what he went through except maybe Diego and Five.