Chapter 18.

"Klaus!" Klaus was jolted from his uncomfortable sleep by the loud shout of the one and only Ben

"Klaus!" Klaus was jolted from his uncomfortable sleep by the loud shout of the one and only Ben. Klaus grumbled and closed his eyes again.

"Shut up, Ben, I'm trying to sleep," Klaus mumbled, trying to get comfortable even if it was impossible in his tied up position.

"Serenity isn't breathing!" Ben shouted, not caring about the volume of his voice since Hazel and Cha Cha wouldn't exactly be able to hear him. Klaus' eyes shot open once he listened to what Ben had said. His eyes frantically landed on Serenity whose face was pale and lips were blue.

"Serenity." Klaus whisper-shouted, kicking her chair. After this was proven futile, he began to scoot his chair toward her in hopes of being able to wake her up from whatever was happening.

"Serenity! Serenity wake up!" Klaus shouted for real this time, not concerned with whether Hazel and Cha Cha could hear him. Serenity's body didn't move, even when Klaus attempted to throw himself against her even with the limited movement he had.

"Ren! Wake up! Please wake up!" Klaus pleaded, saliva flying out of his mouth as he shouted at Serenity even though it was clear that she wouldn't be waking up. All Ben was able to do was stand and stare at Serenity's body helplessly. It didn't make sense.

"How could this happen?" Klaus so sobbed, looking all over Serenity's body for any blood, but the only blood was from her head and had dried up hours ago.

Behind Klaus, the door swung open, revealing the man with the bear mask and the woman with the bunny mask.

"You killed her!" Klaus screamed, trying to wriggle free even though it was impossible.

"What the hell did you do, Hazel?" The bunny asked with an irritated voice, not even moving to examine the dead girl in the bathroom.

"I just knocked her out. Maybe I hit her too hard." Hazel said awkwardly, fully aware that he had hit her twice that evening with full force.

"She could have given us information dumbass." The woman said, then walked out of the bathroom.

"We can take care of the body later, I'll just put it in the closet for now," Hazel mumbled, walking toward Serenity's cold body.

"Don't touch her! Leave her alone! Leave her alone!" Klaus sobbed, watching helplessly as Hazel dragged the chair with Serenity in it out of the bathroom.

"They killed her. They killed her." Klaus sobbed, talking to himself more than Ben who was just staring off into the distance. Ben wanted to be reunited with Serenity at some point, but he didn't want it to be so soon. She deserved so much life but was only given thirty years of it.

"Well... we'll see her again at least."

~

"You died in your sleep," Ben said softly to Serenity had turned to look at him. Serenity did nothing but stare at Ben with an unreadable look for a good five minutes, which was very uncomfortable for Ben, but he dealt with it and didn't move. So many emotions were running through Serenity's conscience that she couldn't even process what she was thinking. She was looking at Ben for the first time in seventeen years, Klaus had just been tortured by lunatics after Five, and she was dead. Suddenly, she found something in her brain to say.