Chapter 8.

Edited

Edited

-

The public had known about The Umbrella Academy since their thirteenth birthday which was only a month before, and though Serenity tried not to show it, it put a lot of pressure on her. She felt like it was extra important not to mess up or else it would look bad for not only the other kids but father as well.

"You've got this Serenity, we will all be okay, and you will do great," Ben said sweetly, squeezing Serenity's hand as they waited for their signal to rush into the terrorist's base. They were all on a mission to save twelve hostages, and it was nervewracking to Serenity. She didn't want any of the innocents to get hurt, but she very well knew that it might happen.

"We are ready for The Horror and Vortex," Diego said in an irritated voice through his hidden mic, letting Ben and Serenity know that they needed help. Ben and Serenity looked at each other and hugged as tightly as they could, scared that if they let go, then they would never see the other again.

"Good luck, Ben." Serenity said sweetly, not genuinely ready to step into the chaos in the next room.

"You too, Serenity," Ben replied, opening the door to the room they were expected to enter. Serenity rushed out first, using her powers to force a terrorist into a wall where he hit his head and was knocked out cold.

"About time you two showed up!" Diego complained as he threw a knife into the chest of a man running toward him.

Serenity rolled her eyes, focusing on a man who was covering Allison's mouth so that she was unable to spread one of her rumors. She focused her energy around the man's head, speeding up the atoms around him so that he got extremely hot. In seconds, he began sweating, and within the minute he had passed out from unsuspected heat exhaustion. What she was able to do sounded complicated, and it was, but she was able to do it quickly without thinking about it too much.

"Thank's Ren," Allison said gratefully but didn't let her thanks linger as she rushed off to the next man she needed to take down.

Serenity was quick with everyone she knocked out. Much to Mr.Hargreeves' dismay, Serenity refused to kill anyone, saying that she didn't want blood on her hands.

"Hey guys, a little help would be nice over here." Serenity heard Klaus struggle to say. When she looked over, a woman was holding Klaus at gunpoint in a corner. Serenity snuck up behind the woman, then waved her wrist, making a strong gust of wind knock the gun out of the woman's hand. When she turned around, Serenity punched her upward in the nose, causing her to pass out.

"Thanks, babe," Klaus said loudly enough for Ben to hear, making Serenity scrunch up her face.

"Don't call me that." She whined, knocking a man hard into a wall as Klaus walked in the direction of everyone else.