Chapter 11.

Warnings: Murder, mentions of mental illness

Edited

-

After a month of bringing their apartment to its full interior potential, Klaus and Serenity had finally finished making their apartment seem like a home. Even though the flat was an apparent mixture of both of their personalities, it would likely never honestly feel like home to either of them.

Since they were done renovating their living quarters, they had decided to have a beautiful little night out together. This evening started with them going to see the new movie "Sky High" which seemed to be highly based off of the Umbrella Academy in their perspective. Their entire hierarchy in the school reminded them much of how they grew up and the rankings of all of the children based on powers. Serenity was never bothered by the ranking system in the household because she knew that numbers were just numbers in the end, but some of the others, like Diego and Luther, cared about it quite a bit.

"I am excited to get some doughnuts. Watching a movie about superhero's is tiring." Klaus joked, beginning to walk into the alley which would assist in leading them to the shortcut to Griddy's Doughnuts. Serenity instantly got a strange vibe from the alleyway, feeling danger emanating from the walls. She brushed the feeling off though as Klaus began to hold her hand. It was easy to assume that there were at least a few corpses in the shady alley, so she believed that's why she felt so heavy.

"Five," Klaus stated, telling Serenity the number of spirits in the alley with them. Over the years Klaus developed a habit of telling Serenity how many ghosts wherever they were to calm him down. It worked sometimes, but not in this case.

"What are they saying?" Serenity asked, gripping onto Klaus' hand tighter to comfort him. A shutter escaped his lips as the hairs on the back of his neck stood up.

"They say we need to get out of here; whoever killed them is close." He said in a panicked voice, starting to walk faster than before with Serenity placed slightly behind him as if to protect her.

The two were almost out of the alley why they heard quick steps coming up from behind them. Serenity felt something cold against her back, and she was forced to stand still.

"Well, I didn't expect that one at all," Klaus mumbled sarcastically. Serenity would have laughed at his comment if the situation they were in didn't bring back terrible memories of the last day she saw Ben. She was unable to tell if it was good or bad that she was in many similar situations to this one.

"Turn around slowly, and you and your boyfriend won't get hurt." The man holding a knife to Serenity grumbled in a voice undoubtedly lower than his normal one. The boyfriend comment made Serenity grimace a bit; she would never see Klaus as anything other than her best friend. She had seen way too many disturbing actions of the boy.