Chapter 17.

Edited-

Edited
-

"Serenity..." A weak, quite, and muffled voice rung through Serenity's ears. Serenity could feel her head pound and her muscles ache. Unfortunately, she couldn't remember why her head hurt, or she felt like she was restricted from movement.

"Serenity, wake up." Another couple of words from the same person seemed to snap Serenity back into reality. She tried to peel her eyes open, but it was no use as they continued to feel like they were glued shut. A small grunt was heard from Serenity's mouth; whoever was with Serenity sighed in relief.

"I thought you are dead for a second." The voice whispered. Serenity scrunched her eyebrows a bit, trying to remember whose voice was speaking to her.

"Klaus?" Serenity whispered with a gravelly voice.

"Yeah, yeah, it's me. Are you okay?" Klaus asked, concern filling his voice. Serenity slowly was able to open one of her eyes, then the other. She immediately noticed that her vision was in pairs, making her feel nauseous.

"I feel like I'm gonna-" Serenity was cut off by bile and food rising in her throat, then projecting out of her mouth and onto the floor beside her. Serenity grimaced, letting out a small pained groan.

"You have to be quiet, those assholes who took us are asleep," Klaus whispered, jerking his head toward the door which was barely seeable. The only thing illuminating the room was a dim light coming from beneath the door.

"Where are we?" Serenity asked, trying to keep her head from falling to her shoulder. It felt like a pressure was building up in her head.

"In the bathroom, they brought us in here because they didn't want us to see their ugly faces once they took the masks off to catch some z's." Klaus tried to make Serenity laugh, but it didn't work as she couldn't concentrate on much because of the pounding in her head. Serenity just mumbled something even she couldn't understand.

"Ren, are you okay? Ren?" Klaus asked eagerly, looking at the girl whose eyes were fluttering closed.

"I think she has a concussion," Ben stated, startling Klaus and making him jump.

"Does that mean I have to make sure she doesn't fall asleep or something?" Klaus asked, kicking Serenity's chair, making her jolt back into consciousness.

"I don't know, maybe keep her awake until she can hold a conversation," Ben suggested, staring at Serenity like she was the only person in the world, even though there was puke around her mouth and dried blood on her face.

"Hey Serenity, Serenity. Ben is here." Klaus said, trying to get Serenity's attention.

"Hi, Ben." Serenity whispered, trying to keep her eyes open. She had a feeling that she was concussed, and knew that it wasn't the best idea to sleep with a concussion when loopy.