Chapter 17

Jungkook's Perspective

My eyes were stuck on the entrance of the basketball court. I was waiting for Taehyung to arrive soon. 

I had been calling him for hours but he wasn't picking up. I was really worried for him.

Where could he be? 

"Jungkook, what are you doing here? Let's go the game is about to start now" Jimin dragged me to the restroom where our coach was guiding us.

I breathed out heavily. The game was about to start and there was no sign of him coming. I got worried and I was wondering why he wasn't there. 

I tried to wash my thoughts away when the whistle was blown for the beginning of the game. 

Yoongi hyung came to me while tapping the ball and he signed me to hold it and threw. 

My mind wasn't working and I looked at the crowd on the seats around the basketball court to search Tae, I didn't realise that I missed the ball and the opponent team threw it in the basket.

I pulled out my hair frustrated. My team players glared at me with angry expressions. I slapped me several times to wash my thoughts away.

~~~~

The opposite team won the first round by 11 and we could score only 6. 

The whistle blew again and we ran to our restrooms before the second round. 

I grabbed my phone again and called Tae but still no answer. I grabbed a water bottle and poured out all the water on my head.

I then felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Hobi hyung.

"Jungkook? What's wrong? You are not playing properly. Something's bothering you?" 

I breathed out my stress and tension away and told him everything inside me. 

"He must be busy or stuck in a work, just don't worry and don't think about it. Focus on the game, we have to win. You can do it Jk, I know." said Hobi hyung.

He patted my back and smiled. 

How could I not worry about him?

Soon I heard the coach calling for us. The whistle blew again and the second round started, still no sign of him coming.

Author's Perspective

Whilst Jungkook was playing, Taehyung was working in his bakery. His eyes were stuck on the clock as he walked out to serve the customer. 

His aunt couldn't come that day so he had to do all the work alone. He had promised Jungkook to come to see his basketball match. 

As the time was running, his heartbeats were getting heavier. His phone rang several times and the screen showed the ravenette's name but the poor platinum blonde didn't have the time to answer them.

He was being called by the customers in the bakery. He rushed to them and served as fast as possible. 

His phone buzzed again in his pocket and he startled a little. The tray of coffee fell down on the floor, doubling the already a lot of work of the poor young boy.

He cleaned up the mess and went to make the coffee again. He served the rest of the customers and turned his head to the clock which was saying that he was already late.

"Oh no, Kookie's gonna be mad" he speeded up his work and finally finished all the orders somehow. 

Sooner, the customers left and he sighed with relief. He pulled out his apron and wore his coat to leave to see Jungkook.

He was all ready to leave but an old couple arrived in his bakery, slowly walking in with their hands intertwined and other hands holding the stick to help them to walk.

The blonde's kind side showed up and he ran to the old couple to help. He helped them to sit. 

The old couple were there to celebrate their anniversary and it melted the young boy's heart. Though he was late, he still served them with his best nature. 

His heart raced inside with the worries but his face still covered everything with a warm smile. His eyes were shiny and welcoming that the old lady smiled warmly at him again.

The other side...

Jungkook's mind became aggressive after their bad performance and he stopped looking at the audience side anymore. 

He looked at the scoreboard and their score was very low. His blood rushed into his body and he threw one after one ball. 

At the end of the second round, the opposite team still had one score more which was not a big deal but they had to win and they did their best.

The third and final round was about to start and for one more time the ravenette's eyes checked for the blonde around but he hung his head low after realising that he wasn't there.

The game began again. The final round.

*****

Aaww, poor Kookie! 

Fun ahead.

Hope you like it