Chapter 24

Author's Perspective

The whole month passed like years for the separated young lovers.

Taehyung was tired of crying alone. His eyes were no more intoxicated and beautiful but always teary. His lips were no more smiling. His face turned paler.

He would cry all night while holding the pillow near to his chest. He would call Jungkook every night but no one could pick it up. He used to leave the texts on his number even though he knew no one would answer.

He became quiet and would work all day long to distract himself from someone whom he used to miss so badly.

His aunt grew worried for him after noticing the changes in him. She would try to ask him but in return always got silence.

Once she found a great opportunity to ask him when she found him working in the kitchen.

She decided to ask about his friend because she felt that it was about him.

"Tae!? Your friend Jungkook doesn't come anymore. Where's he?" She asked.

Taehyung stopped working. He stood silently and froze at his place. The whipped cream that he was putting on the cake fell down, messing the floor.

He panicked a little after realising that the cream just fell down. 

"Oh don't worry Tae, I will take care of it" his aunt cleaned up the mess.

She looked at Taehyung who was looking down at the floor.

"Tae? What happened? I have been noticing you for the whole month. Honey, what is it that's bothering you?Tell me Tae" she asked and stood in front of him.

Taehyung kept quiet. He hung his head low.

"Is it about Jungkook?" She asked and that was it when Taehyung couldn't keep his tears. He burst out into sobs and hugged his aunt while digging his face into her shoulder.

"Shhh Tae... Don't cry, tell me" she calmed him down and slowly pulled him away and wiped the tears from his eyes.

"These tears don't look good in such beautiful eyes. Don't cry dear" she said. And truly it made Taehyung remember his mother. His aunt and his mother were sisters and both were truly caring towards him.

He sat on the chair and told her aunt about his problem.

"I, I miss him so much. He said his mother needed him so that he had to leave. H-he asked me to wait for him but he didn't call nor texted me. I just don't know how to reach him. How to find him aunt? I, I feel so helpless. I don't know how he is? Where is he? I don't know anything. All I could do was just cry. His memories won't let me live in peace. I miss him so much." Taehyung sobbed hard.

She felt pity for him. He was truly a crying mess. The eyes were leaving tears like they never gonna stop. She didn't know what to do. All she could do was to make him believe that everything would be alright.

~~~

And the other side Jungkook was completely ruining himself.

He would get drunk in the nights and would lock himself in his room but during the days he used to be normal and would keep a fake smile on his face to pretend he was fine.

He pretended to be fine just to show his mother that he was good and so that she could not worry about him.

Once his mother entered his room when he was at work and what she was truly heartbreaking.

Taehyung's pictures were all around his room. His bed was messy and empty bottles of alcohol were lying on the floor. 

The room was fully dark. All windows were closed and fully covered with curtains. She found a sweater on the bed. She held the sweater. She saw that the sweater had capital letters on it saying "JK ♥️ TH".

A tear scrolled down her cheek after realising that what his son was going through. She knew that Jungkook hated it whenever she tried to come into his room. She knew why he didn't want her to come. He was hiding his pain.

She started to clean the room. She threw away the bottles of alcohol and cleaned up his room. She opened up the windows so that some air could pass through.

She decided to clean up the sweater for him. She went to the bathroom to wash it. 

Jungkook soon arrived in his mansion. He ran straight to his mother's room to meet her but he grew worried when he couldn't find her.

"Mom? Where are you?" He yelled.

He found that his room's door was open. He entered and saw that everything was very cleaned up. He saw his bed which was perfectly set.

"Who did it?" He asked himself. He then found that his sweater was missing which his beloved bakery boy gave him and then he lost his temper.

Anger rose up in him and he called the servants.

"WHO WENT TO MY ROOM?!" Jungkook screamed angrily and his servants hung their head low because no one did it.

"How many times did I tell you not to enter my room? Tell me or I will fire you all" Jungkook growled loudly on them.

"I did it Jungkook," his mother said and he turned to look at her.

"Mom?" 

"Come here" she held his arm and dragged him to his room back again.

"What was Jungkook? Did you see your room? It was messed up like a trash bin. I always ask you what you are hiding but you never tell. Always show me your fake smile and laugh. Why Jungkook? Why are you hiding everything? I am your mother, I know everything that you are going through. Don't hurt yourself like this and please say something to me" she cried and Jungkook stood frozen.

She sobbed hardly to see him like that.

"Is that because of me? I know you are hiding everything from me so that I could not get worried about you but it hurts me more darling. Why are you ruining your life over me? I would be dead now or later but why are you ruining your youth?"

"Keep quiet mom, I said I am fine and don't cry. You think a lot." He said and turned away.

"Stop lying. You miss him don't you? You are running away from everything like they're gonna make you stronger but they are only making you weaker." She sobbed into her hand.

"I don't miss anyone," Jungkook lied.

"You do. You miss him that's why you torture yourself in the nights with the alcohol. That's why you sleep with his sweater"

"MOM STOP IT!" 

"What do you think that I am unaware of? I know everything now stop pretending."

Jungkook had a lot and he was on the edge of crying. He didn't want his mother to see his tears so he walked away out of the room and locked himself in his working cabin to escape her questions which were breaking him more. 

She cried helplessly to see her son like that. She was blaming herself for the reason. 

Why was Jungkook like that?

*******

Quite Angst...

Well this is what the story's all about

Hope you like it.