Chapter 2

I woke up to the feel of warmth and light. I opened my eyes to see the sun, something I had missed. Cars drove by, not speeding up nor slowing down. All I could hope is that they didn't notice me. I watched the few cars that passed the road. The wind blew against my face each time they passed. An odd car came with many people in it I closed my eyes, almost relaxed waiting for the wind to blow, but it didn't. I opened my eyes to see a guy in a wheelchair looking right at me, I froze hoping my stillness would make him forget I was there. He wheeled closer. I ran back and snarled and whimpered. How did he know I was here already, I just escaped last night.

"It's ok, were not going to hurt you. I'm Charles, were mutants too." Charles said. I looked around alarmed, he wasn't moving his mouth. I thrashed my head trying to get that awful voice out. It was too calm, and no human was ever calm when it came to me. I thrashed my head even harder at the thought of having to go back. But the man in the wheelchair didn't throw chains around my wings, or my neck, he just waited. I hesistated not sure what to do. Looking at the other people in the car, I saw silver short hair.

"Peter...?" I said. Charles looked over his shoulder.

"That's the first word she says to us, Hank did you hear that?" Charles looked at Peter.

"You know him?" Said who Charles called Hank. I nodded. Looking at his face, he didn't remember me. 

"Well if you get in the car, I promise we can help you." Charles smiled. I tilted my head, help, what is that. He gestured to the car, I slowly put my fore paws onto the platform of the car, I waited for something to snap on them, or the hot chains. I looked at Charles, nothing, no traps, no chains...