Chapter 3

I got into the car, Peter was resting his legs on a large crate staring out the window on my left, and Hank examined me from my right. Examining me without needles, or hot chains? Odd. I tryed to see past Peters messy hair, to the window, the car was moving fast. Too fast. I felt my arms relax onto the chairs of the car, my wings and ears wouldn't relax. I tried to forget about why I have to keep them up. Hank cut a chain holding my wings in a bent position. I tried extending them, but someone got in the way. Hank dodged my dark blue wings, and examined their movement.

"Do you mind!" Peter said, I bent my wings again and looked at Hank. Not quite sure why I was looking at him, I turned back to the window. A red light beamed in my eyes, the car threw me forward. I ran under the crate, Peter ignored me. Hank, again studied my movement. 

"It's ok we just stopped" Charles laughed. I crawled back onto the warm seat. I looked around the car examining the interior. There were so many shades of red it was hard to count, maybe they werent red, they didn't look like blood. 

"So Peter, do you know, um, what do they call you?" Charles looked away from the road for a second. I looked at Peter, I was to scared to look at Hank, or Charles. 

"No." Peter replied rudely. We sat in the car for a long time. I looked at the windows, then at the floor, and anything that could be a possible threat. 

When we finaly stopped, and Peter, Charles, and Hank got out. There was grass surrounding the large building. I noticed Peter had changed since the death of his girlfriend, he used to be more friendly, I guess. I wonder if Charles ever noticed. 

"You can come down" Hank said. I cautiously stepped onto the soft grass, it was nothing like the metal in my cell, it was, comforting. Then it came to me, her. I jumped back into the car. 

"It's okay, It's just grass" Charles laughed. I looked down at the grass again, It was too comfortable. I jumped onto the ground, the pain on my side seared. I winced at the pain, if they knew they would do, something, hot metal chains, needles, beatings.