Chapter 4

I looked around the building, it was odd. There were no circular cells, or chains. I glanced at Charles, Hank, and Peter. Still there was something, that had changed, did anyone notice but me? Charles lead me to a room with a girl named Jean, Jean Grey.

"NO WAY, THAT IS WHERE SHE HAD SLEPT, YOU CAN'T REPLACE HER." Peter stormed off. I tried to hide in a corner,I was paralyzed, by fear, and confusion.

"Just, um... ignore him" Charles said nervously. It was hard to ingnore someone who was once so caring, that stormed off over someone I don't know. Or maybe I do...

I ran out the window, onto the roof. I could clearly see the forest from here, even the awful place. The white letters on the roof. A.W.T.O. The last letter was blocked by a rogue tree, covering the letter. The hospital, she must be there, that's where she died. Knowing that awful place no mutants ever "dies". She's somewhere in there. I crawled back in through the window.

"So you don't talk, but you crawl out windows?" Jean said. I shrugged, and walked out the door, unaware of where I was going. I walked outside, avoiding the grass. Something crunched beneath my paws. I jumped, landing on the grass. I ran back to the pavement, a dead flower? I ran back to the room. Looking out the window, beyond the horizon. 

Where is she...?