6: Siren (OCs)

A/N: Hey guys, please vote/comment on things you like and I'll try to write things you'd want to read. This one is my own idea for a potential episode. Trigger warning if you don't like blood or death.

Cast: The driver/Joanne is played by Lily Rabe, Adam is played by Evan Peters, John is played by Finn Wittrock, Marion is played by Adina Porter, & Amber is played by Jamie Brewer.

- - - - - 1966 - - - - -

The night was dark and the gas tank in the car was practically empty, forcing the driver to pull over to look for a nearby gas station for help. There weren't any open buildings around so the driver stumbled down the beach to the side of the road and let her body fall down into the sand. Her tears finally began to pour from her eyes from the earlier events of the day. She'd ran off in an overwhelming storm of emotions and was now lost without any gas to get her anywhere. 

It must've been a little past ten o'clock. Her parents would be so angry once she'd return home for disappearing and being out so late. But there was no energy left in her. The lost driver couldn't take another step and bitter tears were still falling down her face. It wasn't until she noticed something strange in the sea water that she could stop crying. 

Another female silhouette glowed from the shifting waves, and it was approaching the distraught driver. She looked up fearfully, observing the figure in the water: she was beautiful, donning a moonstone necklace, wearing a very old-fashioned white gown, had her dark hair interwoven into a complicated style, and a caring look on her ageless face. The unknown woman offered her a hand, making her a deal, and carried the driver into the water. The same girl was declared missing the very next day and presumed to be dead.

- - - - - 2019 - - - - -

"I just... I need to get out, I can't sit here for another minute or I'll have a panic attack." Adam told his roommate before taking off.

There wasn't even a moment for his roommate to say anything, he just fled out the door. Adam had been trying to study for his hardest course over the last few hours and couldn't force himself to focus any longer. He could feel the terrible anxiety and dread of failure building up in his head until it became closer to the start of a panic attack. Adam dropped everything and drove off to the nearby coastal town he and his friends would go to over the weekends. It was the only place he could think of that might ease his nerves. 

It was a short drive away, and even more so since it was just after ten when the traffic would've long died down. He parked his car on the side of the road and walked down towards the water's edge. Adam sat down in the sand, thinking about all the things contributing to his state. The sound of the waves crashing softly against the land relaxed him, and so did the silvery glow of the moon. 

All of college was his parents' urging, nothing that he really wanted to do at that point. Adam wasn't ready to dedicate the rest of his life to some job that bored him to death and be stuck working for some asshole until he was sixty-five. He couldn't see the point in that lifestyle, but there he was two years ago planning for a computer science degree. Everything was too overwhelming and competitive, every class required him to prove his abilities constantly. It was no wonder his terrible anxiety condition came back so fiercely in just the last year.

Adam tried focusing on his breathing like the doctor always told him to. He could feel a migraine coming on and his body slowly releasing the tension from the stress. The relief of normalcy was starting to return, when he noticed the strange shape of what seemed to be a person coming out of the water. As the silhouette came closer, Adam noted that it was a woman dressed like it was the 1920s walking towards where he was sitting on the shore.