20: The Supremacy 2 (Cordelia Foxx)

A/N: Y'all love Sarah Paulson from the attention her characters are getting lol and I'm living for it. This one is really long and it's got a trigger warning for blood.

Reader is tested through the Seven Wonders and is observed by all the Robichaux's witches but supported mostly by Cordelia

I couldn't eat or sleep the previous night. Everything had to be perfect for this test or I'd feel like a failure of the Supremacy and of Cordelia. Misty helped me endlessly with my biggest challenge: resurging plants, small animals, and anything else. I honestly tried resurgence on myself because of how sleep-deprived and dead I felt at that point. It didn't really do much besides make me feel weird for a few seconds. 

But the day finally arrived. All the other witches of the coven were sitting on the floor of the living room and fixed their multitude of eyes on me. Cordelia, Zoe, Misty, Madison, and Queenie stood beside the piano. I slowly walked up to them with a heartbeat so loud that they probably could hear it. My hands trembled slightly at my sides as I waited for Cordelia to give me the signal to begin. 

She started her spiel about the ancient practice of the Seven Wonders and that was when I noticed it: my Supreme was gripping a thin, black cane to support herself in a standing position. Every time she'd met with me was either in her office while she was seated or when she was already waiting for me in my room in the evening. Cordelia was growing unstoppably weaker. It was all from my tireless practice throughout the previous week and it was draining my Supreme of her own power. I knew that it was how the ascension worked but I never expected it to be so serious. The strong, confident leader of our coven could barely stand up on her own and it was all because of me. 

"Now, let's begin the Seven Wonders. The first event will be Telekinesis." Cordelia smiled gently. 

I felt pretty confident about this one, it never felt that difficult to me and I'd managed to control waterflow well enough to flood the upstairs bathroom before. The only choice I had to make with this one was in deciding what to move so it would be clear that I possessed telekinesis. My gaze fell to the rug on the floor where some of the other witches were sitting, looking absolutely bored with my examination. 

With no intention of being cocky, it seemed humorous for me to have the rug lift up off the ground with them on top of it. So I focused my mind and felt some pressure on my shoulders as I mentally commanded the rug to raise itself two feet off the floor. For a few seconds, the girls sitting on top of it were frightened at the strange situation they were put in until I gently released the rug from my control. 

"Alright, outstanding work with Telekinesis. The next test will be Concilium, otherwise known as mind control." Cordelia congratulated, a hand placed over her abdomen as though she was experiencing pain. 

"And don't try forcing us to do anything, we aren't part of your test." One of the witches who'd been lifted up with the rug snapped.

Her attitude took me aback but I decided not to bother with her. Instead, I looked directly at Cordelia and made her drop the cane, but walk perfectly on her own two feet. She made it across to the other side of the room and back. No one seemed too impressed at it besides Cordelia herself who'd been struggling to walk on her own in the last few days. I made her cane stand up on its own at her side with telekinesis, letting her get a grip on it before releasing my power over her mind.

"Thank you for granting me some of my last independent steps." She said sadly, tears welling up in her eyes, once I'd stopped.

"Wait, you were being mind controlled?" Zoe questioned, not entirely understanding that I'd made our Supreme walk on her own.