24: Ghosts (Troy & Bryan)

A/N: This is a request I received and I'm not going to tag the user since it was sent to me through inbox so idk if they want to be tagged. Anyways, thanks for reading and feel free to send requests, my inbox/comments are always open! 

Fem!Reader (with anxiety) is out on Halloween but runs into their bullies and ends up being cornered into the Murder House then is questioned by the group of high school kids Tate killed. Triggers: anxiety/panic attack-ish, blood??, swear words. I think that's it.

I never hated Halloween, I actually loved it. It wasn't until my anxiety, plus awful experience with people my age, decided to be a bitch and ruin it for me. They knew I would get scared easily and start hyperventilating, almost pass out from the sheer nerves that built up in me from some triggering thing. From the beginning of high school, it was a holiday that I celebrated at home with all the curtains pulled tightly over the windows and watching Hocus Pocus or the Addams Family. 

My plans were delayed this time because I had to run down to the store and get some candy for the house since we ran out pretty early in the evening. All the little kids wanted to get a head start and decided to grab as many candies as they could with their tiny hands instead of just taking one or two. I was sent out since I was the only one not occupied with something. 

Getting to the shop was easy, the streets were lined of giddy kids in their cute costumes and their parents since it was barely even dark. I grabbed the nearest bag of candy then checked out at the machine to avoid the long lines of other people getting candy at the registers. I was out of there soon, already feeling some paranoia about the people out on the LA streets at this point and hoping that nothing happened on the way back home. I wasn't so lucky. 

I only made it a block or so from the store when I heard the voices of the idiots who constantly tormented me throughout high school. They were messing with the kids near them and drunkenly laughing with each other. I tried to speed walk discreetly, hoping my heart would stop racing. They still noticed me.

"Hey bitch, I thought you'd be cowering at home like always. What brings you out here with all the scary people?" One of the guys called out mockingly, leading the group to follow right behind me. 

I didn't respond, knowing it would only make things worse.

"He's talking to you, or have you gone deaf?" Another jeered.

"Just leave me alone and let me go home." I said, my voice coming out as barely above a whisper.

"What was that?" He cocked his head at me, "God, you're too much of a p*ssy to actually talk." 

I started to pick up my pace, hoping to get them to stop bothering me, but that only made them follow more vigorously. We were still in a neighborhood but there were a lot less people here since this was the street with the Murder House on it and too many kids (plus adults) were scared of it. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest from the bullies after me, the fear of being so close to the Murder House on Halloween, and running so hard for that long. 

Unlucky for me, one of them was one of the athletic kids and happened to easily run up to me. I could hear his breath right behind me, making my head spin and heartbeat accelerate even more. It was making me feel weaker and I could feel tears pricking in the corner of my eyes. Each second made my chest feel tighter against my lungs and my head hurt, until he caught up to me and shoved me down into the yard of the Murder House. They all laughed or kicked at me one more time before continuing down the street after seeing me give up on getting up off the grass. 

I couldn't control myself then. There were tears streaming down my face, my nose was runny, I could feel my eyes get puffy, and quiet sobs came from my throat. I didn't even care if the stupid Murder House shit was real, it couldn't be any worse than having to be tormented on a daily basis and I was too out of it to get up. My legs were bent up so I could pull them closer to my chest, letting my hair fall loosely around me and hide my teary face.