|Eight|

Miles

*****

Natalie and I didn't get a chance to really talk after the Dunbars left. I was wondering how she felt after spending time with Lucas, her birth father. It had to be an unexpected and inexplicable feeling. I'm happy he brought Evelyn outside with them. I'm sure it gave them a common ground and made a smoother transition to converse.

She was surrounded by her parents, Logan, Nicole, Maxine, James, and Mimi. I caught her eye from across the room and she stared back. I was looking at her questioningly. Then a neighbor she and I had met earlier, stopped by with his daughters. They wanted her autograph on their Liliana books.

She really is a big time author. I Googled her and was astonished at her success. She is such a down to earth, humble person. You wouldn't know she was a New York Times best selling author. Children adore Natalie as well as her books. She just draws you in.

She is like a torch that lights up a dark room. I liked her instantly, the moment Logan introduced us last year. I never thought I would see her again. And to think she reminded me of Nicole, because she was her twin sister. I still shake my head.

I teasingly asked for her autograph on a napkin. I had to say something to her before I left. Her brother, Logan, was leaving in the morning. She was with him, and everyone was getting their sleeping accommodations situated.

"Judith and Benjamin, we have plenty of room for you to stay at our home." My mama reminded Natalie's mom.

"Okay, we'll follow you to your house." Benjamin kissed Natalie on her cheek. He was grabbing his wife's hand to say goodbye, as they exited.

I followed suit. "Thank you Skyler and Nicole. I had a great time, so glad I made it. Logan I hope you win the race-I'll see you when you get back."

I waved to everyone, while pulling Natalie to the side. "Do you have any plans for tomorrow? I'd love to take you for a motorcycle ride."

"I didn't make any specific plans. Nicole may have plans. But I'm sure we could spend some time together. My parents are staying at your parent's house. I remember you told me you have a Harley," she looked into my eyes and smiled bashfully.

Lance interrupted. "Goodnight Natalie, it was so nice meeting you. I'm happy I flew here from Dallas. Suddenly, Savannah just got more appealing. I hope to see you tomorrow." He looked at me smirking. What was he planning?

I hope he doesn't plan on trying to date Natalie. I saw her first and last year, at that. He can just go back to Dallas. Why am I getting so jealous. I'm not dating her. We don't even have a relationship.

"If you're interested in getting together tomorrow, just send me a text. I'm heading home, it's been quite a long day. I think I have jet lag." I was still annoyed with Lance. I tried not to let it show, but my younger brother can be quite competitive.

Natalie is gorgeous and single.

"I will, have a good night. Get some sleep, Miles. It was good seeing you again," holding her hand to her mouth, she covered a yawn.

"Forgive me, you must be exhausted mentally and emotionally. This was a big day for you! I hope you get some rest tonight. Goodnight, Natalie." I leaned in pressing a kiss to her cheek.

My pulse started quickening, as I breathed in her perfume. There was a pause between us. I cleared my throat, she put her hair behind one ear and we awkwardly parted.

*****

My fingers itched to text Natalie. But I will leave it up to her to call, or text if she wants to go on that motorcycle ride with me. I jumped in the shower, got dressed, and checked my phone for the fifth time. No missed calls or texts. I blew out a breath and put my hand on the door knob, when my text alert sounded.