|Nine|

Natalie

*****

It was Sunday morning. How I managed to close my eye lids and slumber, was beyond me? Yesterday was an unexpected, emotion-filled, and eventful day. I have never before been surrounded by so much family at the same time.

It's usually my mom, dad, Logan, and my grandma. Now, I actually have all new relatives. Including a father, twin sister, half sister, niece, brothers-in-law, grandma, aunts and uncles.

My father's brother, Uncle Benjamin, and his wife, Aunt Lily, are stopping by for breakfast to meet me. Nicole had invited them to brunch yesterday, but they weren't able to make it. I'm being inundated with surprise visitors. I don't think I was quite prepared for all of this.

I snatched my cellphone off of my night stand in my bedroom. My heart started fluttering as I punched in the phone number for Miles, and sent him a text message.

He invited me to take a motorcycle ride with him today. Upon leaving last night, he grasped my hand and drew me to the side. I was uncertain of what he was going to say.

I breathed a silent sigh, he remembered that I liked motorcycles. I mentioned that when I first met him last year. I can't believe he bothered to remember that fact about me. I was flattered that he wanted to spend a little alone time with me.

With so much family around, it was hard for us to get a word in. I caught him glancing at me a few times from the corner of my eye. When I looked up, he would turn away as if he weren't looking. I laughed inwardly to myself.

His brother, Lance, interrupted our conversation. Miles, didn't appear to appreciate that fact. There was an angry expression shared between the two brothers. Miles placed a soft kiss on my cheek before leaving. I can still remember the sensation of his lips making contact with my face.

There was a nervous pause between us. I don't think either of us expected to feel anything, from a friendly goodbye. But my heart buzzed and I felt light tingles up my arms. The last thing I remember was the way his beautiful eyes regarded me, as he left the porch.

*****

I put on a pair of jeans, a black tank top, and a necklace with layers of chains and keys. It just screamed a nice biker look. I actually packed one in my suitcase. I really do love motorcycles.

I'm sure even Miles will be shocked to see me with it on. I left my hair curly and combed it back off of my face. I put on lip gloss and a spritz of my favorite fragrance, before leaving my room.

I plodded down the steps and spied my beautiful niece, Evelyn. She was turning the pages and staring at the pictures in one of her books. Skyler showed her my picture on the back of the book.

Now, she sleeps with a book at the foot of her toddler bed. She is cute as a button. I adore her antics. I absolutely love children and their natural innocence.

"Good morning everyone." I shouted in a chipper mood. I was anticipating seeing Miles this afternoon.

Aunt Maxine and Uncle James were the first to greet me. "Good morning sweetheart." They both gave me endearing hugs and kisses.

"Good morning, darlin. I hope you slept well." Mimi rocked me back and forth in her arms.

"Good morning Natalie." Nicole rushed by with a one armed hug.

She was getting breakfast ready. "Uncle Benjamin and Aunt Lily are on their way here."

Skyler made his way over to me while holding Evelyn in one arm. "Top of the morning to you, Natalie." His eyes lit up as he smiled and he handed me my favorite niece.