|Fourteen|

Natalie

*****

I was looking forward to today, as if it were my very first book signing. This one was special. My whole family, including the Dunbars and Penningtons were coming. One very special Pennington would be there. I could barely contain my exhilaration.

There is something unique and special about Miles. When I'm around him I can't stop smiling to myself. My whole insides start fluttering and I feel like melted goo. He has a brilliant mind and a lot of depth. He's very empathetic. I enjoy his opinions and talking to him. It doesn't hurt that he's strikingly handsome.

When he kissed me, I did everything in my power to act unchanged. I felt anything but unaltered. That one singular kiss threw me for a loop. I get goosebumps just standing next to him. Yup, he's pretty  awesome.

He made it so gallant, being an inch away from me. He nudged my chin up with his finger and leaned in. He just makes you want to swoon.

I literally threw my covers aside and jumped in the shower. Daydreaming about Miles made me lose track of time. I toweled off and flat ironed my hair straight. I was excited about putting on my new suit, turtleneck, and heels that we picked out. I wanted to look extra special.

I spritzed on my favorite fragrance, and was putting on the finishing touches to my makeup. I heard a tap on my bedroom door. "Good morning, Miss Author. I just came to say how proud I am of my sister. And have fun today. We'll be there, we have to go pick up Mimi." Nicole gave me a tight squeeze, rocking side to side.

"Thank you, I'm super excited. I have a present for Miles for treating me to dinner." I pointed to the gift wrapped rectangular package lying on my bed.

Nicole shook her finger at me and a smile tugged at her up turned lips. "I knew you had feelings for him. You can't hide it from me, I'm your twin." She winked as she closed the door.

*****

I rode with Logan to the bookstore. I was so happy to have my big brother back safe and sound. My parents were coming with Amelia, Beau, and Lance. My father, Lucas, was bringing June, April, and Jace. I felt so honored that everyone was coming to support me.

I walked in this unexpectedly large picturesque bookstore. They set up a table with a stack of my books and tons that were still in boxes. They had a comfy chair, spring water bottles, and plenty of pens set up for me. The owner had a huge poster propped up. It had my name, my picture, and a display of my Liliana book collection as a backdrop.

The parents and their children arrived at exactly 1 p.m. "Miss Bingham, there is a line around the block of people waiting to meet you and children wanting their books signed." The first parent beamed, as her daughter handed me her book. She looked at me in wonder.

One of the store employees motioned to me. "You can take pictures with the kids and their books by the backdrop." He put up a sign directing everyone.

Most of the little girls had on their pink leotards and tights. They wore purple tutus, pink ballet slippers, and a bejeweled tiara just like Liliana. They were giggling and holding their autograph books, while standing in line.

Some were jumping up and down, grinning nervously. Liliana has big bouncing brown curls. I noticed a sea of curls in brunette, black, blonde, auburn, and some with purple highlights.

I took one little lady by the hand and scooted down to her height. We said, "Cheese." Her mom snapped our photos and also a professional photographer was there.