|Twenty-Nine|

Natalie

I met Miles at a restaurant in Historic Savannah. I had spent a hectic day shopping for wedding gowns with Nicole, my mom, and Mimi. We searched high and low for the perfect gown. I couldn't wait to see Miles' handsome face and spending a quiet romantic evening together. I love the simple way his eyes smile when they first meet mine.

I parked and turned off my vehicle, taking my key out of the ignition. The lot was full of cars. I had to circle around to find a parking space. This place must be good. I swung my car door open and sighed, as I closed the door.

I approached the restaurant and grabbed the door handle. "Surprise!" a huge chorus of voices bellowed. I stilled in stunned silence.

Tears began pricking my eyes instantly. I never expected a party. I guess it was a belated engagement celebration. I saw a sea of unfamiliar faces as I scanned the crowd. My eyes landed on my Miles, as he was making a b-line straight to me.

I shifted and my family came into view. I darted my head between my mom, dad, and Lucas. They all looked at me with tenderness and like I belonged to them. Miles reached for me and enclosed me in the safety of his arms. I felt so loved.

"What is all of this?" I questioned.

"My mama has a surprise for us." He grinned, quirking his brow at me. He kissed my forehead tenderly.

Nicole and Skyler entered the door with a confused look. "Mama said to meet her at this restaurant. She wanted to take Nicole and I to dinner."

"It looks like a party. I feel underdressed." Nicole tugged at her blazer. She was very much into fashion. She looked fabulous no matter what she had on.

Amelia interrupted with a warm hug. "I have a special evening planned for the four of you. All of the family is here. Your aunt Maxine and uncle James flew in today." They waved from the table. Auntie Maxine was holding Evelyn. She blew us kisses, while Evelyn looked up with crayons in her hand.

Our whole family was seated together at a large table. The Dunbars, The Penningtons, and The Binghams. What a sight to behold.

Logan came over and snuck a quick peck on my cheek. I was overwhelmed. I couldn't fathom what was going on. The restaurant was exquisite. Chandeliers hung throughout the room. The strong aroma of food hung in the air. Servers bustled around with trays of hors d'oveures.

The restaurant was decorated exquisitely. Everything was just so. It had Amelia's touch and handy work. She is the perfect party hostess. I was delighted that she invited the entire family.

Beau, Lance, my mom, and dad joined us. I was handed a glass of champagne. I could tell Nicole didn't know what to make of this surprise occasion. "Nicole you look beautiful, as always sweetheart." Amelia reassured her.

Uncle James gave us a group hug. "My girls. I missed you. Nicole, it's not the same in Texas without you. Your aunt and I are thinking of relocating to Savannah now that our family is here."

"That would be wonderful," Nicole clasped her hands together and let out a small squeal.

A handsome man in a well tailored black suit and a microphone asked everyone to take their seats. "I'd like to invite Natalie and Nicole to come to the middle of the dance floor."

Amelia grabbed Miles and Skyler's hands and winked at us, as she ushered her sons to the table. I wrapped my arm around Nicole's shoulders, as we crept shyly to the dance floor. A hush fell over the room as we stood. All eyes were on us. I wondered what was coming next.

What followed was incredible. Our father, Lucas Dunbar, joined us on the dance floor. The DJ started playing one of my favorite songs, I Hope You Dance. This version was sung by Ronan Keating. I was ready to turn on the waterworks.