Prologue: The Discovery

Celena's VO

'Sometimes I wish we never went to that party. But, if we didn't, we probably never would be the best friends we are today. I guess they were right. Everything has a price.

It all started that night, the night of the party at Haven Hills Farms in the abandoned buildings. I can't even remember who was throwing it, but it was one of the biggest parties ever. Everyone from school was there. Even my friends, Mathew Garetty, one of the popular boys in school, but not the most popular. He was one of those kinds who had a 'screw the world' attitude. After that night, his attitude changed...and I think for the good. Despite what it took.

Steve Montgomery , now, he was one of the most popular kids. I remember he was struggling to become president of student council. Straight As, jock, he had it all. Everyone loved him. Then, it all changed.

Mostly because of Andrew. Andrew Detmer. Andrew was the loner of the school. Very anti-social and, of course a punching bag for everyone. Now, unlike Matt, I don't blame Andrew. It wasn't his fault that he lost control. His father, that bastard, he just kept pushing him and pushing him to his breaking point. Then, when Andrew's mom died...that was the last straw.'

Last, but, not least, our gentle giant.  Viktor Jackman.  He was the quiet one in our group.  Don't be alarmed by his presence.  His 6'11 towering height always made him an outcast at school.  But, his personality makes up for it.  He always just wanted to help, even though people say he didn't need to or they would take it the wrong way.  I have to admit, Viktor wasn't bad looking.  He was muscled like a jock, and handsome like a mysterious poet.  Dark brown, shoulder length hair.  Deep brown eyes.  But, he carried a deep scar that was across his nose to his right cheek.  Like an arrow.  From what I heard, it was a car accident when he was a child.  He lost both of his parents and was raised by his grandparents. 

(Viktor ^^^^^^ Imagine a scar across his face and, I don't know who this actor is, I'm having a hard time trying to picture my Viktor

(Viktor ^^^^^^ Imagine a scar across his face and, I don't know who this actor is, I'm having a hard time trying to picture my Viktor.  But, he's about the same height as Shelly, and hot)

And there's me. Celena Whitmore. I was just the goth, nerdy girl who wanted to be one of the popular girls. To hang with the seniors and maybe even have my first boyfriend. I was just a sophomore who didn't know better, who rebelled against parents. How I wish I had another chance to tell my mom and dad that I loved them and that I'm so thankful for everything they taught me in life. Oh, how I wish.