Chapter 22: Dinner with the Godfrey's part 2

(Celena's outfit for Dinner) 

When night fell, Celena and Peter make their way to Letha's house with Matt.  Matt pulls up to the house, parking behind Norman's car and gets out while letting out a shakily breath.  Celena frowns when she notices how formal he was dressed.  Dress pants, a burgundy button up shirt with a striped tie.  

While Celena and Peter were dressed in regular comfort clothes.  

"What?" Matt asks with a worried look as he checks himself.  

"Matt, you're having dinner with the parents at their home.  Not at the Hilton." Celena says sarcastically. 

"Well, I'm nervous.  I haven't met the parents since I met Casey's family." Matt scoffs out.  

"Dude, chill.  You're gonna be fine.  You already met these people at the banquet." Celena says as they walk up to the door together. 

"And her parents hated me on the spot." 

"And this is their second chance of getting to know.  They want to know the boy who stole their baby's hear." She brushes his shoulders and gives his cheek a love tap. "Charm your ass off." 

"Charm my ass off." He mocks and turns to knock on the door. 

Soon, Letha answers the door with a big smile, "Hi! You made it." She hugs Matt and kisses his cheek, then turns to greet Celena and Peter.  "Hi, you two." 

"Hi.  Oh my god, that smells so great!" Celena exclaims as she smells the aroma of steak and veggies in the air.  

"Dinner is almost done.  Come on in." Letha says as she gestures them all to come inside.  

Soon, they all found themselves sitting at the dinning room table with Norman at the head and Marie at the end.  Matt and Letha sat across from each other.  Celena sat next to Letha as Peter sits across from her.  Nothing but the sound of jazz playing in the background and the incredibly uncomfortable silence was all they could hear as the ate their meal.  Celena snickers a few times as she watches Peter eat.  It was very crude, but funny.  He smacks his lips and flaps his tongue at the taste as if the flavor bothered him and covers it with salt.  Celena continues to eat her meal, but sneaks a foot under the table and drags her shoe up his ankle.  Making him jump.  

Peter looks up and scorns at his ancestors, "Thanks, Nic." He scoffs at this grandfather.  

"What's that?" Letha asks. 

Peter waves it off and continues to eat, flashing Celena a teasing scorn.  She simply smirks at him.   

Norman clears his throat, "We were worried either of you might be a vegetarian." He says. 

"Oh, no." Celena laughs and waves it off.  

"No. The steak's good." Peter says. 

"It's delicious." Matt says with a small smile.