Chapter 8: Halloween Homecoming

"As an artist, you could use a little development." Lynda tease as she sits on a lounge chair in her living room while Peter took up the couch, looking through his drawings of the Ouroboros and the Pyramid.

Peter gives her a crooked smile and takes a swig of his beer.

Lynda spies a Halloween Homecoming Dance brochure in his notebook.

"Homecoming. You goin'?" She asks.

"Ah, I am home."

Lynda smiles, touched with his words.

"Is Celena coming by later?" She asks.

Peter grunts uncomfortably, "She's actually going to the dance. With Roman."

Lynda's smile slowly drops, "Does it have to do with what happened earlier?" Peter has already told her everything that happened on the road. The crash, the exposure, the bribe.

Peter sighs, "Yeah, but I think he's just trying to get into her pants. I can smell bullshit from a mile away and what I smell on him is lust...for Cel." He takes a hard swallow of beer, sniffing.

"You know, she likes you. And I know you like her. I like her, too. She's good for you and she's a smart girl. She can protect herself, obviously. Have you told her how you feel?" Lynda looks at him, curiously.

Peter scratches his beard nervously, "No, but she knows. She read my mind. I don't know what I'm feeling with her. I never been in love before. How do you know?"

Lynda sighs softly, "You just know...in here." She pats her heart.

Peter sighs deeply, it could be love. Maybe it is.

He looks at the tv, continues to watch Night of the Living Dead, but a commercial interrupts the program.

"Medical research is no longer just in the hands of the big drug companies. At the Godfrey Institute, we're dedicated to making the lives of people better, creating more effective therapies for those in need. The Godfrey Institute. Building a healthier tomorrow today."

His mood sours as he watches that. Now, he was worried again for Celena. Even though his mom was right, Celena can take care of herself, but it still scared him to be away from her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

^^^^Celena's costume

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.