Chapter 13: Banquet

^^^^^^^Celena's dress for banquet

Night has fallen and everyone who was rich enough were heading their way to the White Tower, celebrating the memory of JR Godfrey.  The Founder of Godfrey Institute and Roman's father.  Clementine Chasseur heard about the event and decides to check out who was all attending.  The Godfreys were a mystery.  From what everyone has said, all who she interviewed, they all expressed their hatred to Olivia and Roman Godfrey. 

Chasseur watches from her truck, parked afar from the building as people arrived in limos and fancy cars.  She spies Norman and his wife arriving.  Dr. Pryce arrives not long after them.  Then, Roman and Letha. 

Roman gives his keys to the valet and walks around his jaguar to take Letha's hand in his arm. 

As the two them walk in, the first to greet them was Olivia. 

"Darlings. Oh, Letha." She smiles warmly at them both and eyes Letha's belly with admiration. Then, she turns to her son, stroking his face gently, like a loving mother. He gives her a fake smile as she gives him a warm one.

"Such a beautiful boy." She says and turns to greet more of her guests.

Roman drops his smile and heads for the bar as Letha goes to find her parents.

Celena and Matt finally arrived at the front, Chasseur watches carefully. She remembers Matt from Celena and Viktor's files. Their cousin, to be precise. But, strangely, she couldn't find any information about their parents. Even though they're 'deceased', there should be background files on them. She's trying to dig deeper, but her badge isn't authoritative enough to access more information. And she's running Viktor's prints, which are taking a very long time to search.

Celena sighs heavily as she steps out with the help of valet and waits for Matt to walk around to join her. Celena halts her step at the door and Matt frowns at her.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, just...don't really want to be here. Especially, with the press around." Celena says, nervously as she spies several people taking photos of those who were going inside.

Matt nods and points at a path that seems to lead to a back door. Celena laughs and follows him. He uses his power to stop the alarm from blaring as Celena pops the lock with her mind. They managed to dodge the press and head inside. Making their way towards the elevators that led to the party. From what Roman said, the party was at the 5th floor.

A fallen friend, but known acquaint to the Godfreys and the White Tower, watches Roman socializes with his aunt and uncle and their daughter. Chattering and drinking. Letha was rubbing her stomach gently and smiling. Dale sneers at the family as he drinks more, getting himself loaded up till he was numb. He hated the Godfreys. Especially, Roman and Olivia.