Chapter 4: First Day of School

^^^^Celena's school outfit

^^^^Viktor's school outfit

A few days have passed and before Celena and Viktor knew it, it was time to restart their lives again. By going back to school. The faded yellow school bus zooms by Celena and Viktor as they stood before the school. The sign in front read 'Hemlock Grove High', with a high banner that said 'Welcome back, Wolverines'. Celena sighs and looks up at Viktor.

"I'm having second thoughts." She says as she eyes the building and student with worry.

"We gotta finish school, Cel. Gotta have a start somewhere to have a better life." Viktor says as he watches students walk by, watching them and pointing. At him, mainly.

"Are you sure you wanted to start in Sophomore year? You had the credits to be a Senior. You were a genius in Seattle High." Celena states while confused with his choices.

"I know." Viktor gives her a crooked grin. "But, where would that get me? College?  Once they see me, they'll see and only see the freak, not a student.  But maybe, I'll get lucky with a community college and take online courses.  We'll see." He asks. "I rather just take my time and figure out my life. We're young." He sighs.

"And powerful, don't forget that." She points out and laughs at his disappointed look, "I'm kidding. Maybe, we can figure out a better way to suppress these powers to make a little easier for us to get through our lives and avoid any authority attention."

"Hey, Hulk, Carrie." Peter walks up to them with a grin.

Celena scoffs as Viktor rolls his eyes. Peter wraps his arm around Celena and kisses her cheek.

"How does it feel to be back after a long vacation?" He asks.

"Nervous as fuck like always. I didn't expect us to be back after all what has happened over the past few years." Celena sighs as she walks with Viktor and Peter.