Chapter 6: Who Killed Brooke?

The three of them stood quietly in the middle of the park, Celena looked at Roman in disbelief while Peter scoffs at him.

"I didn't kill her. I figured it was you."

"Me? Why would I do it?" Roman glares at Peter in offense.

"Why would I?" Peter argues.

"People are saying you're a werewolf."  Roman states.

Celena crosses her arms over her chest, "I guess you're the type to believe in rumors, huh?" She smirks, repeating his words.  "Do you believe every rumor you hear?"

Roman frowns at her, literally regretting his words, but he doesn't show it. He was starting to get frustrated at himself for following his instincts, but it still felt like he needs to be here.

"Then why are we here?" Roman asks, he felt that he deserves answers for what he was feeling.  But, he didn't know how to ask.

"When listening to all those people, you ever hear of a coincidence?" Peter asks sarcastically.

"Are you sure it wasn't you?" Roman asks, demanding a straight answer.

"You could try to contain your disappointment." Celena frowns and scoffs at him. 

Roman grumbles, "Then who was it?" He asks in frustration.

"Bear? Cougar? Creative suicide?" Peter suggests using sarcasm.

Celena waves off Peter, "Ok! Enough with the pissing contest." She turns to Roman, "We know as much as the whole town knows. We were hoping to come here to....find some sort of evidence that could help the community." She says sarcastically, then gives Roman a serious look. "Mainly, to get them off Peter and my brother."

Roman sighs, now that sounded like the answer he needed to hear. He knew that the school was talking about Peter possibly being the killer and there were whispers about Celena's brother.   But, people were also talking about how it could be his sister, too.  Last thing he wanted was her sister involved in something that could endanger her.  He could relate to how she was protecting her brother. He would do the same to clear he name. 

He looks over his shoulder, over towards the little play house where they found Brooke. 

"It's weird. I knew her. I mean, I didn't know her know her, but...but to see her; parties and stuff. She liked my car." Roman stutters.

Peter shrugs, "It's a nice car."

Celena rolls her eyes, "Men and their toys." She mutters softly, but Peter caught it and snickers, then grunts when she smacks his chest. "Why are you here?" She speaks up to Roman.

Roman rubs his nose and sniffs, "I don't know. I just had a feeling."  He clears his throat. He looks over to Peter and starts to think about how he met Vince, "I also knew your uncle. Vince. He did some kind of work for my mom. She denies it, but she's so full of shit. I liked his stories. The girls would get pretty freaked out, but girls, you know?" He laughs a little.

Peter smirks, but Celena wasn't laughing. She kinda glares and arches a brow at him. Roman still smirks, thinking how cute Celena looked when she's mad. He snaps out of his thoughts when Peter speaks up.