Chapter 29: Darkness Falls

(WARNING! The following chapter contains heavy scenes of smut.  No one under 18 allowed should read this.  Thank you!) 

Celena, suddenly, snaps her eyes open and gasps as she takes a breath in her lungs. She sits up fast and grunts as her body jerks and the room shook. Everything around her flies back away from her. 

She blinks a few times

She blinks a few times. Not realizing the extreme dilation in her eyes. Soon, they shrink back to normal as she begins to get her bearings back in order. She looks around, recognizing where she was. She felt so thirsty and hungry. She snaps her eyes to the door as it opens and hears a gasp of shock.

It was Destiny.

Destiny rushes towards her and hugs her tight, praising the ancestors.

"About damn time you woke up." She sighs happily and smiles when Celena hugs her back. 

Celena slowly wraps her arms around Destiny, holding on to her tight, "Whe—whe—" her voice rasps very softly.

Destiny pulls away, "Hold on, sweetie. Your voice might be a little rough for a while. You've been asleep for 6 weeks." She rushes to get a cup of water and brings it to her. "Sip." She brings the cups to her lips.

While Celena was sipping, Destiny frowns at the mess around them. The chairs were thrown back, and the table was on the other side of the room. She didn't know what happened while she was gone.

"Where's..." Celena swallows roughly. "...Peter? Roman?" She says softly, her voice was so raspy.

Destiny was hesitant and puts the cup down. She sits on the side of the bed and takes Celena's hands in hers.

"Ok, before you freak out, just know that they are both fine. Roman is at his house. Peter..." Destiny licked her lips and sighs, "After what happened to you and Matt, another clue popped up. About the connection. He went to find answers for you and Roman. He left town, sweetie."

Breathing heavily, tears begin to fall, "What?"

"Calm down. He didn't leave you. He'll be back and he'll stay in touch. He's got a new phone and I have his number. He'll call or I'll call. He didn't tell Roman because he knew he would do everything to stop him." She takes Celena's face as she sobs softly, "You know as well as he knows that this needs to be answered. He's not gone, just...going on vacation. Think of it like that."

Celena hated that he just left. But Destiny was right. This needed to be answered. She groans softly and rubs her chest. There was such a horrible pain building up inside her.

"What's wrong?" Destiny frowns.

"My chest hurts. No...it's...my heart." Celena gasps in pain.

"I need to get the doctor." Destiny states.

Celena stops her, "No, it's..." She sobs, the pain wasn't physical. It was emotional. Her heart was breaking, but she could feel that it wasn't just her heart. She was feeling the pain of three heartbreaks. And she knew who.