Chapter 20: Face Your Demons

(Celena's outfit for the day^^^) 

A  few days passed since Roman and Celena broke into the White Tower and Roman fell into a coma.  He still hasn't woken up yet.  Celena never stopped visiting Roman.  She would sit by his side, eat whatever Watson brought her, took a shower when she needed to and went to school.  Main thing, she wouldn't move unless she had to.  Olivia watched from the door frame at times, listening to her read to him as he slept.  Making sure he was up to date with his studies by reading homework and working out problems for him.  She sighs softly at the sight.  Never has anyone ever treated her son with such care, except herself.  

Olivia turns back to head down stairs as Shelley's elevator alerts Celena that Shelley was on her way up.  She sighs and turns to see Shelley opening the elevator for her.  

"Time for school." She types.

"Ok.  Thanks, Shelley." Celena packs up her bag and stands up.  She turns to Roman and brushes her knuckles against his cheek. "Gotta go to school.  Don't wake up while I'm gone." She chuckles softly and leans to kiss his lips.  "Please, wake up soon." She whispers.

She wipes away a tear as she walks into the elevator and rides it downstairs. 

"We don't have to go if you don't want to."  Shelley types. 

Celena sighs, "I know, but if I don't do something, I feel like I'll go crazy." She laughs out a scoff.  

"He'll wake up soon.  I read that people in comas mostly just have to battle their inner demons before they can face reality." Shelley types. 

"And if Roman IS battling his demons then it might be a while before he wakes up." Celena exhales sharply.  "At least he has us.  We will kick those demons asses if we have to, to bring him home." She laughs softly.

Shelley laughs and nods, "Anything to protect my brother." 

Celena smiles and heads off to school with Shelley.  Viktor met up with them.  As the two of them went towards their classes, Celena walked through the halls to hers.  Brushing past students who were chatting away, but Celena could hear all.  That never happened before.  Whispering of people's thoughts filled her head.  

"About time that Godfrey asshole got what was coming....Can't believe Roman is in a coma, but not surprised.  He was always a drug addict....That bitch is in a coma...ha ha ha ha...hope that fucker dies....Hope he dies....Hope Roman dies...."

Every step she took, her anger grew.  These people had no right to judge Roman like that.  Something inside her begins to snap.  With a loud furious exhale, rumbles erupt and, suddenly, the long row of lockers explode as if dozens of bombs were going off.  People screamed and took cover, running away from the explosions.  Celena jumps in shock and grunts as people shove her away to run for their lives.  She gasps as hand reaches out and grabs her and a body covering hers in protection.  When she looks up, it was Peter.