6. Struggle

The first group I went to was called "OT" It was apparently everyone's favorite group or class. I dont know what it was exactly. A nurse btought all of the people that were in group C to this room that looked like my art class at school. The nurse unlocked the door and told us to all pick a seat at one of the three tables. I sat in the back corner by little cubbies what had names labeled on them with masking tape. As everyone sat I heard the door bungling and then it flew open. And a lady walked in, she had crazy hair, and her outfit looked like one of those tracksuits that you saw speed walking moms wear in the 80's. The also looked EXACTLY like the main character in the movie "Hello, My Name is Doris"

 The also looked EXACTLY like the main character in the movie "Hello, My Name is Doris"

Like seriously spitting image. Anyways, she then went to the front of the room and startes talking but I wasn't listening. She was talking about rules and whatnot, but I didnt care. After her shpeel everyone got up and started doing their own thing. She then called me over and made me do a paper that had some questions on it about why I was there, and what my goals were. I made up awnsers so I could get done quicker so I could do my own thing. I then gave her the paper and she asked me to go out in the hallway with her. I then followed her and she said "Can you tell me why your here?" I replied "Because I didnt sign the safety contract." She interrupted and said "The real reason, don't sugar coat it" I paused and looked at the ground and then at her hair. Then she said "By the way my name is Mary Lou" I then replied "It was a lot that made me come here. I still haven't figured it all out myself. About two years ago I told my mom that I wanted to jump in front of a bus, after that I had to go see a therapist. That stopped pretty quickly because my parents couldn't afford it. Then about a year after that my parents found my diary and read it and it said stuff about how I was going to kill myself. And drawings of my dead self. So I had to go see another therapist. Soon I got really good at hiding what I was feeling. My parents thought I was improving when I was plummeting. I was throwing up all the meals that I ate everyday. I started to cut. I tried to overdose on sleeping pills. But I should've known that those weren't powerful enough to kill me. Maybe I did know. Maybe I wanted to stay. I dont know. Then my parents found my goodbye notes in my room. They apologised to people and told them not to mourn my death. I was ready to pull the plug and I had a plan. So I then had to go into a therapy thing so they could check my meds. And decided that it would be wrong to let me go home unless I signed a contract that made sure I wouldn't self harm and, or kill myself. I couldn't bring myself to sign it. I dont know why. So Then I had to go to the ER and that whole thing. So yeah. Can I go make slime now?" She then responded with "Okay I will be there in a moment to help you." I nodded and walked back in the room after she unlocked it. She then held the door for me and went towards the main desk. While I stayed in here struggling to make slime.