Chapter 20: Adrenaline

We sat around in the living room, waiting for anything to happen. Peyton and Zach were playing card games, and they seemed to be enjoying that. Jace was trying to hit on Dylan but I'm not letting him. Daniel is doing his best to figure out how to get the cell service or WiFi to work. Jonah is sulking in the corner and probably writing a song or something.

Dylan and I sat on the couch and just leaned on each other's shoulders. She looked done with everything.

"You're not bored out here, are you Dyl?" I asked. She raised her eyebrows and looked up at me.

"No I'm not bored," she replied. "W-why would you say that?"

"Cause I'm bored."

"No shit," she said, unfazed. "We're all bored up here. There's literally nothing to do but wait for anything to happen."

"I just need a little of it," I told her. "Need a little, not a lot to get into it."

"What?"

"Can we go back to adrenaline?" I rhetorically asked. "I need to feel it."

"That feeling when we were racing to the bus, being chased by freaks," she added, knowing exactly what I was talking about. "That's better than sitting around here."

"I don't know where the feeling is anymore," I said. She nodded, and cuddled closer to me.

"Maybe if we just be patient, something exciting will happen."

Just then, a figure appeared at the back window. He or she was standing in our yard, which meant they must've gone through the side gate. They were wearing a brown body suit that sort of looked like an astronaut suit. They shined a flashlight directly in our window.

Dylan jumped up, as did Peyton. The guys and I glanced at each other. The person on the other side of the glass knocked, or rather pounded, on the sliding door, and yelled "open up!"

Here we go again.

shoutout to my guy Lauv with the song reference. also i really hope that WDW does a collab with Lauv, and it honestly could be the song they just announced #IDBITC. who knows but i'm really excited. love ya💖

~5~