Chapter 6: Party In The USA

"Which one do you like from those two?"

Honor wasted no time in looking for a frat guy I'd have to date for the stupid task.

I didn't even get the point of any of this. When I asked her about it on the way here at the party, she just shrugged and told me that each task had a purpose. I even asked if anybody thought it was a way of hazing us. That statement got rid of Honor's indifference real quick.

"Those tasks were chosen as services to the sorority," explained Honor earlier. It was clear that I pissed her off. "It's cool that you're curious about this sort of shit but sometimes, it's better not to question authority."

She left it at that.

I was brought back to the present when Honor pointed to a couple of tall guys by the pool table. One was some cute dark-haired guy and the other was a redhead. Surprise, surprise – it was Scout Crimson. If I pointed to the other guy, Honor would definitely choose Scout for me.

I wasn't an idiot. I've watched enough high school mean girl movies to know how these kinds of girls played.

"I liked the ginger," I told Honor.

She nodded. "Ginger, it is."

"Wait, wait," I protested in shock. "What?"

"What do you mean 'what?' I asked you, and you chose him." She paused and eyed Scout again, before telling me, "He's cute, too. Nice pick. Good luck!" Without waiting for me to reply, she quickly left and went to meet our other sister, Rae.

Great, I just fucking played myself.

"So?" asked Madeline, coming up beside me. "Who's it gonna be?"

"Red," I grumbled.

Her eyes widened in astonishment, then an amused smile slowly spread across her face. "Oh, this just keeps getting better and better."

"What, why?" piped up Jamaica, stepping up in front of us and blocking my view of Scout.

Lilian looked over her shoulder to where Golden Boy was. "Do you know that person?"

"We went to high school together," was all I said.

Jamaica raised an eyebrow. "How is that bad? At least now he's not some random stranger."

"Yeah, he's worse."

"Why, is he a jerk?"

Lilian shrugged. "He seems rather nice to me."

"That's the problem," I sighed.

Jamaica frowned in confusion. "I don't get you."

"Most people don't."

She smiled playfully. "Good thing we're gonna be sisters so I have the next four years to figure you out." She then winked at me, which I was now realizing was a habit of hers.

I grinned despite myself. "Uh-huh."

"So are we gonna do this or what?" asked Madeline, flashing us all an excited look.

Jamaica raised her hands and whooped. "Let's get the party starteeed!"

"First things first," started Madeline, raising a finger, "we need beer."

No kidding.

Ten tequila shots and seven jägerbombs later, we were split up and two of us were missing. We had a buddy system going on, but we all agreed to go home at the same time together. When Madeline and I tried calling the other two a couple of hours later, they were nowhere to be found.